What strap are you using for the Q?

• 2 weeks later...

Another fan of the Harry Benz "B" strap in dark brown. I just spent 11 days in Central America and it was perfect when used for both cross chest and wrist wrap. Plus Harry kindly rushed my order through so I would have it for the trip -- it is so rare to experience this kind of customer service.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am not sure anyone is still following this thread.  I am waiting for the battery to charge, I just took the camera out of the box!  I already put on a haze filter and the sun shade.  I looked at the strap and didn't think I would like it, but nothing better to do, I put it on.  Yuk, I no leica!  (heh, heh).  I have a great strap on my Fuji, an "OP/TECH", it's pliable (can wrap it around my wrist) and won't slip off your shoulder.  I was going to borrow it until I ordered a new one.  But then I was struck with inspiration.  The best strap I have used came with my Leica M-6.  It is sitting on my shelf, in great condition.  So, that is the strap I will be using!  : )

Oh, and I was struck with how heavy the M-6 is.  With all the plastic-y materials these days, brass outweighs them!  It is near twice the weight of my Fuji and new Q!  Yet, smaller than both.  : )

Munene

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Recently purchased a Harry Benz wrist strap for another camera. Very expensive, had a long wait, but am convinced is the best out there. Very comfortable. I have a lot of other straps but getting Harry Benz for all my cameras now. Also getting away from neck straps. They take up too much room in my bag. And if carrying a bag, that's where the camera sits.

. Also getting away from neck straps. They take up too much room in my bag. And if carrying a bag, that's where the camera sits.

I agree the rationale and I opted for the Tie Her Up Komboloi wrist strap in black. Flexible and works well, especially with a Thumbs Up and in black is discreet. I had an old Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney and that is what goes over my shoulder - takes the Q and a SF40 flash and other bits as needed.

I bought some straps from Lance via Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/au/people/lancecamerastraps They are all good. I bought one classic non-adjust neck strap and twi wrist straps: a lug-wrist strap (more secure but harder to get your hand out); and a classic lug wrist strap which is more flexible and comfortable but probably less secure (as it feels more likely to just slide off my wrist). 

I've not yet used the neck strap, but I'm more of a wrist strap user for cameras of the Leica Q size.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a fabric wrist strap from Black Rapid. It attaches to the tripod mount, which I prefer to the side strap lug, because the camera hangs horizontally, rather than vertically. I have tried fairly high-end twisted rope style straps which I found to be more irritating to the skin than the BR fabric.

After using a couple of A&A straps, a woven and an adjustable, and a Dead Cameras shoulder strap I finally sprung for a Benz. Right out of the box it's a perfect fit, feels good, doesn't slip off my shoulder and looks great (the iPhone pic doesn't do it justice). I look forward to breaking it in.

Benz%20strap%20on%20Leica%20Q_zpswakjakh

Edited by creidtaylor

I use my Q with a small shoulder bag for protection, a Think Tank SubUrban Disguise 5.  Since this is the case, I opted for a medium length Gordy's hand strap with a wrist pad and leather bumper for protection.  I have used these straps on my Lumix M4/3 rig and have traveled the world with a similar setup.  I have the Leica protector as well and added a small grip to it (everything is black).  I carry the bag over my shoulder and when I need it, I just draw the camera out of the bag, sliding my hand into the wrist strap and grip. I understand the many options that are available; however, I really enjoy the Q with the Gordy's hand strap.

Found the kit strap a bit short, stiff, and not adjustable for wearing across my chest.  On the recommendation of others here I purchased the Peak Design Leash and so far am happy with it.  The Dyneema anchors are a tight fit as mentioned, but I made a little loop from 30 lb nylon fishing line, and with a firm steady hand the anchors can be pulled through the fastening rings rather easily.  The Leash takes up almost no extra space in packing the Q in the small bag the I had purchased for my Typ 109.  As a bonus, the connectors and adjuster are all non-metal, so there is little danger of scratching things up.

As recommended by the forum here my new strap and half-case

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I recently purchased a Q and added an Artist & Artisan green wrist strap.

• Like 1

sorry for the iPhone pic, but i only have one Q.  Love this strap