Leica Q monochrome jpeg setting not working now

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For some reason, after setting jpeg saturation settings to monochrome on my Q, it's not coming up on the Live View/EVF in b/w.  Just color.  After a capture, it is b/w on display.  This was not the case until now.  Not sure why.

I have tried this with removing/reinserting the battery in case it's that ol' fix-a-bug gestalt.  Did not work.  Changed focus settings -as I read this may happen on tracking focus - never use it - just normal single point -- and again, only color.

ISO at 3200.

Any ideas?

Hey all thanks for the advice.  What I found out is if I change the video setting to monochrome, the display will go b/w, however when setting video back to Standard, and changing still mode to mono, the display stays on color.   PASM - yes, that is what it is set to - thought I did switch back and forth between each setting DURING exploring this bug.

So for the meantime, either I have settings wrong, and video is overriding stills, or it's a bug.  I will try a reset tonight, and let you know.

• 4 years later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I had the same issue of not being able to change to monochrome. Instead of reseting the camera I realized I had to go into video setting and change to monochrome there.

I don'r know why but changing from the Jpeg setting does not work. I did it three times to make sure I was not crazy.

Also without going through the video setting just set monochrome in jpeg setting and just keep pressing the display button (centre of the circle) and the display will rotate between full colour, mono and even mono with levels!

Edited by Lou Walter Wilson
update

I’m not following what you all are doing. On my camera I choose Film Style to BWnat. That does it. I only shoot RAW and not jpg’s. It has nothing to do with video on my camera. What am I missing? 

I see B&W in the displays. I use Focus Peaking in red and it shows up very nicely against the B&W images. 

1 hour ago, Leica Guy said:

I’m not following what you all are doing. On my camera I choose Film Style to BWnat. That does it. I only shoot RAW and not jpg’s. It has nothing to do with video on my camera. What am I missing? 

I see B&W in the displays. I use Focus Peaking in red and it shows up very nicely against the B&W images. 

I think the OP is using a Q and not the Q2 that has the film style selections.

On my QP, to view the EVF and LCD in B&W, I set the following:

--> JPEG Settings --> Saturation --> Monochrome

Like Leica Guy, I have the camera to shoot only RAWs and never take JPEGs. I never touch the video settings.