Leica Guy

4. Orguy

Orguy

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Johnclare369
      Hi all
      I've not used flash very much apart from as fill-in for portraits, but I have an upcoming project that may require a little more of it. I have a Leica SF40 flash which I know can work as a slave when combined with the right master unit. 
      Any suggestions as to what the right master unit would be?
      Thanks.

• By Knives52
      I picked up a Leica SF24D flash recently to use with my M6TTL. I was thinking about testing it with my Canon EOS R dslr and using its screen to get familiar with the flash without wasting film (I don’t mind if it will only work using Manual mode on the flash). 

I think I remember hearing years ago something about TTL flashes not pairing well with some newer “more-electronic” cameras’ hot shoes and possibly frying the camera’s electronics — though my memory’s extremely foggy on that. 

Does anyone have any experience using the SF24D on a dslr of any make/model and/or on any digital Leica body? 

Would covering the flash’s 3 “TTL connector pins” on its hot shoe with electrical tape (while leaving the main center pin uncovered) be necessary or safer?

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question.
    • By UltraDan
      Hi there, 
      Can anyone offer me some simplified advice for using a flash with my m4p, I have an old sunpak auto 140 flash that is non settable and is activated via the ports on the back, what I wanted to know is :
      how do I gauge my shutter speed and aperture for two situations 1) outdoor in good/fair light 2) indoor
      and is it better to use one of the ports over the other (M or X) 
      Thanks in advance,
      Dan.
    • By bgreig
      I am using an SF40 flash on my Leica Q. What is the best way to use the flash for fill while shooting in automatic aperture and automatic speed mode? In automatic speed but a specific aperture?

• By michaeltmonaco
      Hey my name is mike and i've had my m4 since june and absolutely love the camera.  I got it cla'd by yye camera and it works great.  Only issue is I love to shoot with flash and when I try doing so with this camera it is extremely unreliable..  I have never used the leica brand pc sync cord's and was curious if that could be the issue, but have tested the cords I have on all of the other film cameras I own and they work no problem at all.  I have the vivitar 285hv and that comes with a sync cable already attached to the flash then put the other end on the socket of the camera and it works about 10 percent of the time.  My other method was buying a hot shoe adapter and then putting my metz flash atop / and or my small nikon this again only worked rarely and with intense fidgeting of the cable.  If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.  Thanks a lot.

Best,
      Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy