New Camera Raw for Leica Q as of July 29 - Updated article at overgaard.dk

I have the Lightroom CC (2015) 5.1.1 version installed.  With photos already in Lightroom, the difference between "Embedded' and "Adobe Standard' appears very subtle in landscapes and more pronounced in closeup people shots.  The Kelvin Temp stays the same but the Tint is reduced. I gather that new files imported into Lightroom with Adobe Standard benefit the most from this upgrade.  Existing files in Lightroom just warm up. I'm kind of underwhelmed.  But, I should reserve judgement until i import some new photos.  Thorsten's article certainly shows a positive improvement.  I, just wish, I hadn't imported a few thousand images from a trip into Lightroom, a few weeks ago. (smiley face here)

I had expected a Lens correction Profile?

Cheers

Edited by M_Driscoll

I don't know if I'm being a bit dim here. I don't use Lightroom, but I am opening the dng files in Camera Raw through Photoshop CS6. I have upgraded to the latest version, it shows "Camera Raw 9.1.1 - Leica Q (Typ 116)" in the top left of the Camera Raw screen, but I still don't get any option other than "embedded". Should I be getting different options?

• 2 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hope someone is still following the thread, or I will repost as a new one.

I have Lightroom 6 Release 2015.2.1 and Camaera Raw 9.2 installed. I have the Callibration set to the Adobe Standard setting not Embedded. That changes things ever so slightly in color.

Am I correct that there is still no lens profile in LR6 for the Q. When I go to the pull down list for profiles, all I see are the Leica M, R and S, none of which I own.

I have the latest Camera Raw download I believe in 9.2, but that's not a lens profile, rather color callibration, I think. I have too much Nikon gear and all my bodies and lenses show. Does this mean I am missing something that I should have installed for the Q's profile, or have Adobe and Leica not worked out the setting for the profile to be in LR yet?

I am guessing that is the issue for no profile for the 28mm Q. but being my first and only Leica, I am not sure. I use different presets for different bodies and at this point I use none. Would I be better off use one of the many lens profiles under the M, R or S, or stay with none

Love my Q. I fills a prefect spot in my photography life. At age 74, great AF is a must. The big FF Nikons sure have it and so does the Q. It has become my walk about buddy along with my D750 and an 85mm f/1.4.

Hope someone is still following the thread, or I will repost as a new one.

I have Lightroom 6 Release 2015.2.1 and Camaera Raw 9.2 installed. I have the Callibration set to the Adobe Standard setting not Embedded. That changes things ever so slightly in color.

Am I correct that there is still no lens profile in LR6 for the Q. When I go to the pull down list for profiles, all I see are the Leica M, R and S, none of which I own.

I have the latest Camera Raw download I believe in 9.2, but that's not a lens profile, rather color callibration, I think. I have too much Nikon gear and all my bodies and lenses show. Does this mean I am missing something that I should have installed for the Q's profile, or have Adobe and Leica not worked out the setting for the profile to be in LR yet?

I am guessing that is the issue for no profile for the 28mm Q. but being my first and only Leica, I am not sure. I use different presets for different bodies and at this point I use none. Would I be better off use one of the many lens profiles under the M, R or S, or stay with none

Love my Q. I fills a prefect spot in my photography life. At age 74, great AF is a must. The big FF Nikons sure have it and so does the Q. It has become my walk about buddy along with my D750 and an 85mm f/1.4.

I use Photoshop and not LR but the Camera Raw within both applications is supposed to be the same.  When opening a Q DNG in PS there is a notice in the Lens Correction tab that comes up regarding the Q's lens.  I'm attaching this notice. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Lightroom does not show that, must be a unique pop up for PS. What concerns me is the Q does not show on the profile dropdown list at all even with Camera Raw 2.0.

Can you load the dng file from the Q without an auto adjustment and then apply it to see a difference?

Lightroom does not show that, must be a unique pop up for PS. What concerns me is the Q does not show on the profile dropdown list at all even with Camera Raw 2.0.

Can you load the dng file from the Q without an auto adjustment and then apply it to see a difference?

Lightroom 6.2.1 does show that popup and it is applied automatically. If you go into the Develop Module and look at Lens Correction at the bottom is an 'i'. Click om that and the popup will appear.

I can't find where this can be turned off.

If there profile is set for default and I select Nikon it grabs my body and lens. If I do that with the Q, and there selection is none, the "i" is grayed out. If I select Leica M, it activates the "i" and aicks up the Leica 50mm lens profile. Does your Profile List dropdown show the Leica Q, Mine does now.

Edited by Msohio

If there profile is set for default and I select Nikon it grabs my body and lens. If I do that with the Q, and there selection is none, the "i" is grayed out. If I select Leica M, it activates the "i" and aicks up the Leica 50mm lens profile. Does your Profile List dropdown show the Leica Q, Mine does now.

This may help:  https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html

Uncheck the box "Enable Lens Profile Corrections" and look at the information box at the bottom.

Regards.

mon10a

• Like 1

Do we need to do anything special to get Lightroom to register? I used the redemption code that came with my camera but LR says its in Trial mode and expires in a month.

- Nevermind, I am looking at LR mobile, which I just installed on my phone. No thanks..

Edited by bigkraig

Do we need to do anything special to get Lightroom to register? I used the redemption code that came with my camera but LR says its in Trial mode and expires in a month.

There is a leaflet in your Leica box that contains a TAN. This gets you a Lightroom serial number on Leica's webpage when you register the camera and activate the TAN. The serial number gets emailed to you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/installing-activating-try-buy-product.html

• Like 1