Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anybody in this forum know if it's safe to put a piece of tape over the loudspeaker holes on the left side of the top to minimize the risk of dust to enter the camera?

Is there any electronic inside that heats up and that could get even hotter if tape is placed over the loudspeaker holes?

Have you tried it? If yes, what's your experience?

Why not? But I would suggest that Leica has most likely been smart enough not to allow ingress through something as obvious as loudspeaker holes in a weathersealed camera..

What tunes does the loudspeaker play, or is that where the cash register sound comes from each time you press the shutter button?

You can choose between a couple of old favourites of monochrome photographers, among these “Paint It Black” (The Rolling Stones), “A Whiter Shade of Pale” (Procol Harum), or, for the sceptics (“Everything looks worse in black and white”), “Kodachrome” (Paul Simon). For German-speaking customers there is also the option of “Du hast den Farbfilm vergessen” (Nina Hagen).

Edited by mjh

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lookbook
      man with angel hair : )

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      leica 246 monchrom | summilux asph. 50mm
    • By Overgaard
      Enjoy my revised series of article on monochrome photography, starting with the classic Leica M9 Monochrom (2012)
      Prelude to the Leica m Monochrom

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      https://www.overgaard.dk/leica-M-Monochrom-Henri-Digital-Rangefinder-Camera-black-and-white-sensor-page.html

• By Jager
      I'm fortunate to own all three Monochrom's.  Here are a few thoughts on the M10-Monochrom, and the others, after ten days with Leica's latest.
      A Trifecta of Monochrom's
      (I regret having to make it a link, rather than posting here directly... but I believe my little sojourn exceeds forum size limits).
    • By xiaoheli
      When a user get a Leica M body at 3x the price of a Sony or Nikon, we at least expect quality level to go with the price tag. With my M10 (2018) and M246 (2016) the least stressed parts start to fail one after another.. M10 got a cracked key frame and M246's frameline selector, which is NEVER used, is fallen off...  This is more fagile than my son's LEGO... Just repaired M10, Leica judged unilaterally it is NOT under warranty so 430EUR bill just paid... then M246 got this drama. Note I am not even professional photographer and only shoot in hobby times.... Just wonder am I just the unlucky one out of distribution or any user struggling with similar bizzar M camera failures?  Leica used to be life long campanion, I am afraid the latest models might end up staying at Leica service center longer than in my camera bag...