Leica S Image thread

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

S 2

• Like 1

S 2

• Like 2

A digital memory from a highly memorable exhibit in my hometown (artist: Chicharu Shiota, with 4 traditional wooden boats from western Norway and 340 km - yes, three hundred and forty kilometre - of red threads).

And sice I own the same type of traditional boat - Oselvar - I find the artwork particularly interesting.

S006 + 35mm. Obviously, no jpg can give justice to the network of threads. But you get the idea...

Edited by helged
  • Like 15

A digital memory from a highly memorable exhibit in my hometown (artist: Chicharu Shiota, with 4 traditional wooden boats from western Norway and 340 km - yes, three hundred and forty kilometre - of red threads).

And sice I own the same type of traditional boat - Oselvar - I find the artwork particularly interesting.

S006 + 35mm. Obviously, no jpg can give justice to the network of threads. But you get the idea...

Marvelous image. Well done.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pinup dress & macarons
Leica S2 w/ Summarit-S 70mm f/2.5 CS

• Like 9

In Florence last month I found my hotel was very near the Leica Store. In fact I could hardly avoid walking past it every day, since it was so close to the Ponte Vecchio and the riverside. Of course I had to pop in and have a nose around. They had a mint used S007 there at a reasonable price, so I asked to have a play with it. I also asked if it would be okay to take it out for a spin and they agreed, so long as I left my details with them haha. So I was able to shoot with this amazing piece of kit for around 15 minutes, on my own SD card, along with the 70mm Summarit kit lens, in one of the world's most beautiful and historic cities!

After a quick initial setup off I went snapping. Loved the results. Here are just a couple. The amount of recoverable detail in the shadows is extraordinary. I didn't play around with exposure other than standard A priority, speaking of which I loved the display on the top plate screen.

Anyway, I was sorely tempted, but don't have the finances just now. The cost was 13,000 euros for body with two Summarits, the 70mm and 35mm, at which price I'm sure it's gone already. Many thanks to the manager at Leica Florence, whose name escapes me but he's a dead ringer for Javier Bardem.

25741928347_bd339d164c_b.jpg

40579089012_3dc0f2b336_b.jpg

Edited by nodrog
  • Like 4

1. Light

2. Composition

3. Everything else

If we want to dissect 3, it goes

3a. Post processing

3b. Lens

3c. Camera

3d. Sensor

But, of course,

0. Photographer.

--Matt

And after "0. Photographer": "0.1. Fun". At least for me...

• Like 1

Madeira

S 006, Super-Elmar-S 24

• Like 11

if you’re going to get one make sure you get the S007. It’s tons times better than the S006

I’ve had both so it’s not just hype

Neil

Depend! I have used both. For the same price, I might pick S007 just for LV and better DR.

However, I prefer S006's price and color output most of the time if not all. I also prefer real shutter speed dial. I use Manual exposure most of time with S system. I personally prefer physical dial than LCD screen. 

• Like 2