Exposure bracketing on Leica M-P (Type 240)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a question on exposure bracketing on Leica M-P (type 240). I've set the exposure bracketing to 3 frames, plus minus 0.5 EV, Auto. ISO is either auto or manual at various levels. When looking at the meta-data for the shots, the brackets invariably come in at plus minus 0.3 rather than 0.5 EV. It seems to work ok with plus minus 1 EV. Is this a bug or is there an explanation for this. I speculate that perhaps the shutter speed cannot vary finely enough to achieve plus minus 0.5 so the closest it gets to is 0.3. If that is the case then the setting should say plus minus 0.3 rather than 0.5. This was the case with firmware 2.0.1.7 as well as with 2.0.2.5

Thanks in advance for any explanation.

I assume that the shutter speeds in the EXIF show the half stop difference?

The EV "anomaly" may be due to the fact that the aperture is only ever estimated and may vary from shot to shot slightly.

Just guessing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hanskb
      Eingangsbereich der Stiftskirche in Aschaffenburg

Mir gefällt die sehr geringe Verzeichnung des  Elmar-M 3.8/24mm

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Andy77
      Hello and greetings to everyone from a new member !

My name is Andrea, 40 years old, and I write from Italy.
      Since yesterday I'm a new Leica user, as I had the chance to buy an almost unused Leica M-P (typ 240) , along with 50mm Summicron f/2 and an Elmar-M 24mm f/3.8 ASPH.

Ideally I would have preferred a 28mm, but the deal was for the whole set, including the EVF2 Leica.

I've been for a long time a Nikon shooter, and I now use a Sony A7rII. But since a long time, as I love shooting film with a Nikon FM3a , I wanted a more "slow" experience in digital. Leica was the best option...
      When a deal finally arrived...I got it !

Hope to learn a lot about this wonderful camera, I'm already in love !

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Vieri
      Zabriskie Point is one of Death Valley's most famous spots; here's Manley Beacon's ridge just after sunrise under a stormy sky.

With the Leica M-P (Typ 240) and the 35mm Summilux FLE. Best,
      Vieri
    • By Uwe M.
      Leica Q mit M-P bei f/0.95

• By Bill Livingston
      Hmmm...

Sunday afternoon walk with my son... I slipped and fell over with my M-P... which was largely under my jacket... You should have seen the rest of me!
      Anyway, my M managed to survive...

Anyone else got any camera disasters...? I saw a great one on the Q thread a while back...