Q NFC and Wifi app problems

Advertisement (gone after registration)

cant seem to get the Q talking to the IOS app on either my iphone or ipad. Tried setting camera to both host and client , no joy. In client mode the camera is able to connect to wifi but it never manages to connect to the app? 

Anyone else seen this issue ?

I can't get it to work either. Well, it worked intermittently on iPhone but now doesn't work, and I've never got it to work with the iPad.

i am however running the iOS 9 Beta, so I put my problems down to that. Are you running a regular version of iOS?

My experience:

• beta 3 on iPhone: worked intermittently
  • beta 3 on iPad: hung on 'Searching in <SSID>.' step, never connected
  • beta 4 on both: still hangs on 'Searching...' step but reports as 'Searching in <iOSdevicename>’ now, doesn't mention SSID - and never connects

?!?

Maybe wifi bugs at the OS level rather than anything the Leica app is doing wrong.

Damn this leading edge!

Edited by robt

• 7 months later...

Not what you want to hear, but it's easier to remove the Sdcard from the camera and put it into the air.  That's the quickest way and you will be able to import /transfer RAW and JPG.    The Leica app is designed to work on IOS and android but on both of those operating systems it isn't great with RAW files.  It is great for camera remote control.

you are also able to connect the Q and Air with a micro-usb to standard USB cable, but I've never tried it.

keep it simple!

Edited by lucerne

Hi - new to the forum.  I just got a Leica Q and am trying to get photos transferred from the camera to the MacAir using wifi.  Anybody figure this out yet?

Best,

Chris

Hi Chris ... welcome

I presume you have the specific Leica Q App on your MacAir?  Should be simples. I found it very frustrating at first but then it all fell in to place after a double malt  :)

Just checking!

chris isn't using an iOS operating system. He's on a MacBook which is running a version of OSX and he wants to have the Leica Q app with remote control facilities offered by Leica for phones and tablets.

Is there really an app for OSX and where can it be obtained?

UPDATE.  I've found it!   Thanks MickyW for bringing this to my attention

Edited by lucerne

Just checking!

chris isn't using an iOS operating system. He's on a MacBook which is running a version of OSX and he wants to have the Leica Q app with remote control facilities offered by Leica for phones and tablets.

Is there really an app for OSX and where can it be obtained?

UPDATE.  I've found it!   Thanks MickyW for bringing this to my attention

Where you found the Leica Q app for OSX, I can't see one in the AppStore for Mac?

• Like 1

Where you found the Leica Q app for OSX, I can't see one in the AppStore for Mac?

Hold 5 on this!

i found a reference via Google which suggested that there was an MacBook OS X version of the Leica remote control app, but I haven't fired up my MacBook yet to see if the app really is available for OS X or Windows.

Its confusing!

Is Anyone else available to update us on this issue?

read this Leica publicity here.

EXTRACT: The Leica Q features an integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless transmission of still pictures and video to other devices and remote control by WLAN from a smartphone or a tablet PC. (IOS or Android), .The Leica Q app for these features can be downloaded free from the Leica website. In addition to remote release and display of the viewfinder image, the app also allows the setting of parameters like the aperture and shutter speed from the device employed.

Edited by lucerne