Thumbs Up EP-SQ grip for the Leica Q

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, considering we are talking about a thumb rest accessory (let's face it, not much could go wrong with it) I would much rather have a product like this http://www.dagcamera.com/store/p151/HAND-Del_for_M8%2C9_only_in_black_at_the_moment_black.html

It looks well made and it costs 10 times cheaper. Or I'd rather get the much cheaper and much better hand grip. But, each to their own as they say.

The thumbs up for my X1 uses a screw and Allen wrench such as the dagcamera one you link to.

Obtaining a Thumb rest that doesn't obscure the rear button on the Q is important to me.   I have configured my Q to have AF on the rear button.  If you don't need that facility or don't need to have any function assigned to the rear button, then almost any version will fit.  

Obtaining a Thumb rest that doesn't obscure the rear button on the Q is important to me.   I have configured my Q to have AF on the rear button.  If you don't need that facility or don't need to have any function assigned to the rear button, then almost any version will fit.  

Does anyone have experience with the new TU EP-SQ at the Leica Q? I do need the rear button very often. It seems to be a little difficult to push the rear button when there is the TU on the back side! As I can't test it before buying, I must have this information!

Well, considering we are talking about a thumb rest accessory (let's face it, not much could go wrong with it) I would much rather have a product like this http://www.dagcamera.com/store/p151/HAND-Del_for_M8%2C9_only_in_black_at_the_moment_black.html

It looks well made and it costs 10 times cheaper. Or I'd rather get the much cheaper and much better hand grip.  But, each to their own as they say.

Well, you get what you pay for. I took a chance and ordered the $15 thumb widget to give it a try...not suitable at all for the Q.

The thumb extension is in the wrong place. Not even close in quality to the Thumbs Up.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I received the Q's Thumb Up today which I pre-ordered directly from Match Technical. It Looks good and feels sold. I paired it with the Leica Q's hand grip. A perfect match. [emoji106]

Edited by d0c0m0

I received the Q's Thumb Up today which I pre-ordered directly from Match Technical. It Looks good and feels sold. I paired it with the Leica Q's hand grip. A perfect match. [emoji106]

Still can't see it on there website and I did send a email two weeks ago enquiring about it but not had any reply as of yet.

Still can't see it on there website and I did send a email two weeks ago enquiring about it but not had any reply as of yet.

I'd send another email. I found Tim to be extremely responsive and courteous.

I've pre ordered a grip even though I don't actually have my Q yet! Got an email confirming that my grip had been shipped to the UK over the weekend.

Has anyone tried the TU being in place when using the Q's holster?

I got my TU yesterday and it fits in the holster perfectly.

The one thing I don't care for with it is that it blocks easy thumb access to the shutter speed dial. My guess is that it had to do with the physical realities of having to expose the back AEL/AFL/zoom button. Sort of unfortunate in that I would have ditched the button to get to the shutter spore dial more easily, but it's not a huge issue. It's still a large net positive for the camera.

Got the Thumbs Up for the Q. Very nice.

Has the advantage that you don't accidentally rotate the exposure compensation dial or the dipper dial. In fact, to rotate the diopter you need to remove the thumbs up.

To rotate the exposure comp dial or press the zoom/lock thumb button, it's a bit more difficult but as I get more used to it, it happens more naturally.

Got the Thumbs Up for the Q. Very nice.

Has the advantage that you don't accidentally rotate the exposure compensation dial or the dipper dial. In fact, to rotate the diopter you need to remove the thumbs up.

To rotate the exposure comp dial or press the zoom/lock thumb button, it's a bit more difficult but as I get more used to it, it happens more naturally.

This clinched it for me. It seems very pricey, but if it helps as noted above, I'll feel good about the expenditure. Ordered today from Popflash. $135, no tax (for me, since I'm not in California) and free shipping.