My Q hang up when I want to switch it off

• 1 month later...

I have had my Q since July'15 and no problems until recently my camera has experienced hanging with the Leica Symbol showing through the EVF. It happens when the camera is left in standby. I always format my Sandisk memory cards in camera before use and only way to solve the problem is to eject the battery and replace. Is there now a fix for this?

I've never had this problem with my July 2015 Q until the other day.

I was using a flash (SF 20) which was fine until both flash and camera went into standby. On switching off the camera without both flash and camera waking up the camera froze. In the end I worked out that if I switched the flash on and off the camera would come out of standby and power down normally. My guess is that the flash and the camera were not communicating properly and bringing the camera out of standby did not bring the flashgun out of standby and hence the problem.

Yes, I think the programming is buggy and cannot cope with all the multitude of different operating conditions that may not have been foreseen by the programmers. For me I have learnt how the camera likes me to use this flash so that there is no problem. Quirky, but no panic. I don't have this problem when using my Metz 45 CL4 with the correct SCA module.

Tim

• 1 year later...

Purchased the Q in December 2016 and today the camera was stuck in play mode.  I had to remove Battery to restart the camera. This is a little worrisome.  Hope this is a one time software brain fart. 

This all happen shortly after I reprogrammed the "fn" functions and began shooting with the changes to AFc from AFs and adding face detection.