Q faults so far

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Major fault with the Q - This damn camera appears to have a strange magnetic feature which means it is almost permanently stuck to my hand.

I can't turn the thing off no matter how much I try and it keeps leaping up to my eye whenever it gets an opportunity.

The only way the thing turns off is when my wife yells at me or when I trip over the dog. Help!

:p

Edited by Rapierwitman
  • Like 4

Always the same on this and many other forums.................jealousy is a forum illness :)

It's more a case of naysayers failing to recognise that companies have by necessity progressed into the 21st C. … traditions are important and die hard but there comes a time when survival is even more important.

dunk

Loving me some Q it's my first Leica... No issues, My D810 has been in my bag since I go it. So weird to not be caring a heavy bag of bodies and lenses... I guess I have tasted the Kool-aid and am ready to step to the darkside. :) 

• Like 1

Loving me some Q it's my first Leica... No issues, My D810 has been in my bag since I go it. So weird to not be caring a heavy bag of bodies and lenses... I guess I have tasted the Kool-aid and am ready to step to the darkside. :)

Same as you, since september now. 

Got used to it, my back quicker than I, but when I take the heavy load (D800 and one or two primes) my heart accelerates, I feel guilty letting it so often at home...

The Q is perfect to carry on everyday's life, I only pick up the nikon when I know what I am aiming at and choose lenses in consequence. For ex I am going to Dubai thursday and take the Q and the D800 just with a 15mm zeiss lens.

I purchased the T first because of its range of lenses: didn't got well along with it (even if it is a great cam), I guess I was missing the Fx format (even if some say it is silly, it is how I felt) and couldn't find the so called Leica feeling: I found it with the Q.

Go out and enjoy!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mine does that as well. I don't think it's a fault. It's probably the orientation sensor kicking in before it finds that it doesn't need to do anything. Could probably be fixed in the firmware.

Any one had problems with the Red led flashing when the camera is tilted in playback mode auto rotate off ?

Mine does that as well. I don't think it's a fault. It's probably the orientation sensor kicking in before it finds that it doesn't need to do anything. Could probably be fixed in the firmware.

Makes sense that and firmware updates for quite a few yet to be occuring no doubt.. Modern technology brings its own problems pro rata