Dead pixel? Dust? inside electronic Viewfinder.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

First time shooting in low light and dark backgrounds and noticed this little spec inside the viewfinder. Not a single mark on the lens or lcd screen.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Have you never seen any dust particles or bright specks in an OVF?

well, you don't usually see anything when looking through the viewfinder... but it is still annoying when you find one and this would happen ever so often with the M viewfinder

• 4 weeks later...

The Q finally came back today. The EVF was actually scratch from the inside. Obviously from production. I'm not sure how it passed quality control. Anyways, the problem is worse now. I turned it on to test and took a picture, and it completely froze on me. I have to take the battery out to power off. I kept testing it and it seems like after a picture is taken, it locks up. I then reset the camera from the menu, and now after it powers on, I have nothing but a black screen. None of the buttons are responsive and I still have to eject the battery to shut down the camera. What a nightmare! I let service know about this issue and at this point, they said we should replace it. But one huge problem, they can't because they don't have any in stock. I hope I didn't get a lemon. This is so frustrating!!

The Q finally came back today. The EVF was actually scratch from the inside. Obviously from production. I'm not sure how it passed quality control. Anyways, the problem is worse now. I turned it on to test and took a picture, and it completely froze on me. I have to take the battery out to power off. I kept testing it and it seems like after a picture is taken, it locks up. I then reset the camera from the menu, and now after it powers on, I have nothing but a black screen. None of the buttons are responsive and I still have to eject the battery to shut down the camera. What a nightmare! I let service know about this issue and at this point, they said we should replace it. But one huge problem, they can't because they don't have any in stock. I hope I didn't get a lemon. This is so frustrating!!

well you answered your own question re Leica Quality Control . Not checked before the sale, and clearly not before sending it back after repair.