California West Coast - Half Moon Bay - (5 pictures)

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We are back from our California trip to the West Coast. We started in San Francisco and went by car along the famous Pacific Highway No 1 where our first location was a stopover in Half Moon Bay. There we began to scan what will be waiting for us and prepared ourselves for landscapes,seascapes,vegetation, rocks,cliffs,seal,birds and: the rhythm of the mist. This phenomenon is dominating all the vegeation and life there, including our own feelings and surprises when it lifted and sank in again, veiled sunshine, unveiled it and so on.

Canon 5D MKII with Elmarit R 28 mm + filters from polarizer, graded and full big stopper ND filter.

Leica X1 

Olympus EM 5 with Nocticron

Canon 5 D MKII with Emarit R 28 mm + ND filter

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

no 2

Canon 5D MKII with Elmarit R 28 mm + ND filter

• Like 1

no 3

Canon 5D MKII with Elmarit R 28 mm + ND filter

• Like 5

no 4

Canon 5D MKII with Elmarit R 28 mm + ND filter, 3 exposures being stacked

• Like 1

No 5

Olympus EM 5 with Nocticron, handheld ( I had only one tripod for 3 cameras, so 2 were most of the time more of a backup but served with their lenses full coverage)

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

All are beautiful, number three in particular....but the 'moon shot' is special too! What a fantastic trip for you

and such a marvellous opportunity to see and to capture these landscapes that probably rank as some of

the world's best.

Stuart,

yes, the lighthouse, I know why you chose that one. On our tour back before we reached SanFran we stayed overnight on one (Montara). That was special.. and I'll show the reportage here when I am thropugh wioth my 2.400 pictures..processing (oh, my goodness)
Thank you for sharing the first episode of this travel.

Dee,

thanks a lot: it was a gorgeous chance to get a glimpse of a special kind of wilderness of that coast. And it takes a bit of time to get aware of its character and face yor own feelings. There is either escape or fascination, both for its forces you to respond in an honest way. Thanks for your always appreciated comment!

• 3 weeks later...

Charles,

yes, the lighthouse theme.. people are collecting, strange but I suppose there may be a particular symbolism behind. Thanks for your nice comment, those colours were real and no fancy magenta pp.

Hunebed,

thank you so much. We plan our holidays according to the photographical potential... and then it will be, hoepfully

relaxing fun.

Brent,

yes, now that I ordered  the new "Q", I might carry less, but I do not know. You are right, but for me holiday is a time for creativity and enjoying to be outdoor and breathe fresh air. But there are always 2 sides of a coin. This means if you work with fixed focal lenses you need at least 3 basic lenses and one special wideangle or tele and then your bag will be full and heavy.

Many thanks for your nice response.