Help identifying a Leica lens hood/accessory 42

GeorgeDexter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greeting Knowledgeable Gentlemen,

I have a curious little accessory here.  From the waist down, it's a normal lens hood fitting the 3.5cm & 5cm Summicron, Elmar, etc.  Instead of a normal hood, however, it has a male 49mm thread on the front. It's marked "42" on the rear chrome surface that faces the camera.  Please help!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This adapter couples the 42mm front end of a Leica lens (E39 filter size) to the rear of the Leitz bellows hood.

See here for many illustrations of entire assembly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEICA-16556-16557-M-BELLOWS-LEICA-LEITZ-BELLOWS-II-LEICA-BELLOWS-HOOD-42MM-FIT-/281698073402?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4196837b3a

Harry

Edited by 1234

P.S. You might find it very helpful to purchase a few Leica/Leitz photographic equipment catalogs in edition numbers range 30's-40's (post war era) on the auction site for $5-10. Earlier ones will have the codewords and later ones the part numbers for all these pieces about which you've inquired.

P.S. You might find it very helpful to purchase a few Leica/Leitz photographic equipment catalogs in edition numbers range 30's-40's (post war era) on the auction site for $5-10. Earlier ones will have the codewords and later ones the part numbers for all these pieces about which you've inquired.

This adapter couples the 42mm front end of a Leica lens (E39 filter size) to the rear of the Leitz bellows hood.

See here for many illustrations of entire assembly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEICA-16556-16557-M-BELLOWS-LEICA-LEITZ-BELLOWS-II-LEICA-BELLOWS-HOOD-42MM-FIT-/281698073402?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4196837b3a

Harry

Thank you both. I do my best to research these items on my own. Many more Leitz items pass through my hands that I successfully identify myself, but occasionally I need a little help or verification.   I appreciate your expertise. 

Best Regards,

George