"The Q isn´t for poirtrature" - Isn´t it? This thread can be continued.

Guest ralf.

The Q is great for environment portraits but using any 28mm lens you must be careful not to get too close and to keep the lens level with your subject (not to be looking down), otherwise you will get a result with the subject's head looking bigger than their body.

Some great shots here but it's something to watch out for.

Mike.

• Like 1

Not my Q.  That's happening soon!

21 SEM.  M9.  Uzbekistan

no time to change lens and it was very dusty!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by lucerne

The Q is great for environment portraits but using any 28mm lens you must be careful not to get too close and to keep the lens level with your subject (not to be looking down), otherwise you will get a result with the subject's head looking bigger than their body.

Mike.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mike.

Note taken Mike. 28mm is definitely tricky with for portraits, especially when standing close to the subject.

Must say though that I really love the colors from the Q. This shot is almost an untouched RAW file (had to remove some spots from the floor) imported to Lightroom and exported as a jpg. The lighting is from a huge window we have on the south side of our house creating very soft and to my eyes pleasing tones.

(ISO100, f/1.7, 1/250 sec) Hope it's ok to publish an image this big here. :)

L1000030.jpg

Edited by Adalsteinn S.H.

Note taken Mike. 28mm is definitely tricky with for portraits, especially when standing close to the subject.

My comment was not for any specific photograph shown here and I was very hesitant to post the observation. I know (from experience) that one has to pay attention when using 28mm as opposed to 35mm. That said, some photographers can make the focal length their own.

Thanks for the reply,

Mike.

• Like 1