Studio portraits S cameras.

hoppyman

Stefan we intentionally allowed some hair to be wet in later sets while still keeping volume. The last sets after the bath were in shower. These things need to be shot in the right sequence ;-)

Edited by hoppyman
  • Like 1

more editing catch up. My long time model friend Georgiii is now back in Australia. She is very connected to Nordic themes ( and Metal music!)
S (typ 007) Apo Macro Summarit S 120

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

We have a new one in planning to suit my fashion shots thread. I think it will be very cool. Currently sitting on four shoots including one from today that I cant share from right now

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Rewind for you Stuart. A year after I met Sammz we got together for her first solo shoot with me in 2015
This was a very big deal for her to feel confident that she was good enough! 
S2 Summarit S 70CS

Edited by hoppyman
  • Like 4

I am going to sneak a couple of M photos into my threads. These are from 2013 before I first got my S2
(Loaned M (Typ 240) as I had dropped mine!) Apo Summicron M 75 ASPH
Models Stefania and Natascha from Vicious Models in Melbourne Australia

• Like 4

Always like your (different) work. These two are beaut...Stefania in particularly with the M240...i'm sure it's your lens and/or processing; is there a lot of difference with the S vs M240...or do you just prefer one above the other as a studio camera?

I like your "non-plastic" look, and the skin textures.

Regards...

• Like 1

Last two were at a commercial studio (workshop) not my lighting. I think single small reflector only in first and a big Broncolour or similar Octa up high for the second
My studio flashes are Elinchrom ELC's. My most used modifier  is a 135cm Octa, typically high right of frame The side I boom from!). I can take it higher and mainly feather it too. #162
You will see a lot of double catchlights in the closer ones, typically diffused  white beauty dish above and maybe 70cm square below for fill. #176 #146 is the set
I really like their 70cm Deep Octa though both for portrait and some fashion/nudes. Experimenting with a larger and smaller beauty dish combination too

Edited by hoppyman

Always like your (different) work. These two are beaut...Stefania in particularly with the M240...i'm sure it's your lens and/or processing; is there a lot of difference with the S vs M240...or do you just prefer one above the other as a studio camera?

I like your "non-plastic" look, and the skin textures.

Regards...

David of course you are only seeing low resolution lower quality JPEGs in my posts. all of the cameras are more than capable of excellent results for here. The S has much better dynamic range, higher resolution and spot AF I use (in MF). If we get together sometime you could see the full resolution versions and believe me the difference is very significant. Apart from anything else the larger format files are just oh so smooth. As nearly all of my photography is now fashion and beauty and the like I found that I just never used the M any longer. It's gone. I actually have just one lens left

• Like 1

One of my good model friends participated in a show demonstration for a hair salon.

Unfortunately what she got was unexpected and what we call a "40 year old mum who wants to speak to the Manager cut and colour style"!
So it was off to our mutual great friend and collaboration stylist partner for a Hallelujah! save. We shot four looks with her new styling. Here is one
S (Typ 007) Apo Macro Summarit S 120

• Like 5

From a personal shoot for my good friend. Shared with permission.
SL 24-90 Look at that halo! (no it's not photoshop)

• Like 4

Another look from our new hair styling collaboration. Making a photograph fiercer when the model has softer natural beauty is something I enjoy.

• Like 6

Another from our new hairstyling project. My friend Tiffy wanted to add some POW with her denim vest.

• Like 4