If you're looking for a screen protector for the Q...

If you just want a plastic protector, then various vendors are already starting to sell a dedicated Q version. There is no need to substitute.

e.g. http://schutzfolien24.de/produkte/displayschutzfolien/geraeteauswahl.html?searchfield=leica+q

I have been shopping with them for years and the major advantage is that they have products from the high end 3M film to lower cost copies - up to the buyer to decide.

If you want glass, the situation is a little more difficult. I am using a glass protector made for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III, but the touchscreen doesn't work (which for me is actually a positive aspect, but your mileage may vary)

Get the GGS LCD glass screen protector for Leica D-Lux 6. It fits perfectly on Q's LCD. Looks almost identical with the Q's LCD, even with a black bar on the left. This GGS screen is OK when using touch screen functions such as Touch Focus and scrolling photos for display. 

The one from Leica is a screen protection film; not glass.

I forgot to mention, I bought the GGS LCD glass screen protector from eBay.

Edited by d0c0m0
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Get the GGS LCD glass screen protector for Leica D-Lux 6. It fits perfectly on Q's LCD. Looks almost identical with the Q's LCD, even with a black bar on the left. This GGS screen is OK when using touch screen functions such as Touch Focus and scrolling photos for display. 

The one from Leica is a screen protection film; not glass.

I forgot to mention, I bought the GGS LCD glass screen protector from eBay.

I ordered this from ebay. The ggs glass protector for D-lux 6 based on this tip.

I did not fit, its a couple of millimeters  too tall so the adhesive layer will not bond with the entire display, just the middle. 

Waste of money and went in the trash.

im still looking for screen protector for evf... from what ive heard the evf is very prone to scratch.

For what it's worth, I'm concerned about this type of thing and watch the condition on my evf for scratches often. Mine is not protected, I wear glasses and shove my face pretty hard into the evf and have zero scratching. I just gave it a good cleaning and looked using a light raking the surface and it's still pristine. So while I'm sure scratches will occur over time, it's doing a good job so far resisting. 

I have found the one from Leica has a better texture (not smooth) and while it is a film and not glass it works very well with the touch screen functions.  It also does not seem to get smears maybe because of the texture.  I highly recommend the one from Leica.

I bought the one from Leica - haven't installed it just yet though. Am not sure I want it on there or not since I have the half case. Anyone think I should put it on regardless??

I suggest you put it on :)

I got the GGS glass typ109 and it fits perfectly

Touch screen seems to work oke zooming in and out

I've received a few PM's regarding the Hakuba product.  

They are one of the leading manufacturers for screen protectors (for smartphones, cameras, etc) in Japan, so no worries regarding fit/quality. As expected, it fits  perfectly on mine.

Here's a store that carries Hakuba products in the US.  Perhaps you could organize a group buy.

http://acephoto.net/brands/Hakuba.html