40mm version please

• 1 year later...

There is no perfect camera. Perhaps the new ultra-thin metalens designs will greatly reduce weight and improve performance in the decades ahead.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.techtimes.com/amp/articles/162962/20160604/new-ultra-thin-metalens-could-replace-bulky-lenses-in-cameras-phones-and-telescopes.htm?client=safari

The Q already has 35mm and 50mm options, so you just use the 35mm setting and crop a little off. 

Digital zoom, it's the future. 

Digital zoom is a waste of sensor and lens rendering. a 28mm cropped has the perspective of a 28mm, no matter how big your sensor is.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried it a number of times. It's a crutch, not a solution.

i notice that you have posted that you shoot in a 2.39:1 ratio.  I am unfamiliar with that image ratio-- it is possible that the Q is not the proper instrument to take that image and from your experience it is not a solution.  

For general street photography the digital zoom is more than sufficient and is a solution.

i notice that you have posted that you shoot in a 2.39:1 ratio.  I am unfamiliar with that image ratio-- it is possible that the Q is not the proper instrument to take that image and from your experience it is not a solution.  

For general street photography the digital zoom is more than sufficient and is a solution.

I was not making a comment in relation to my search for 2.39:1 frameguides, but thank you for your thorough sleuthing. Digital crops are still not going to beat true optical resolution. They have been and always will be a crutch for those intents and purposes.

Edited by Guest