Leica Q Handgrip: B&H

You should try the finger loop with it, if you haven't done so. It's great.

Yes this is essential!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by alee
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yep, it's the holster.  Here's a better view of it empty, and with the Q + grip.

There's a removable spacer in the holster so you can use it with the Q, with or without the grip.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Alex - thanks for demonstrating that grip/loop combo works with the holder. How do you like the holster?

Went out for the first time with the combination yesterday and can't imagine not being without it now.  You wear it over your right shoulder (camera hanging on the left) so that you can grab the camera with your right hand quickly.  Super convenient, and doesn't really look as goofy as the "holster" name would imply.  It's definitely not as gratifying without the grip... not that it doesn't work, but I had to attach my Luigi wrist strap to the camera to have something to grab onto to pull it out.  

It's a shame the Q wasn't built with a grip on the body.  The grip requires removal to access battery and card, so a cutout would have been greatly appreciated.  Maybe RRS will make a base with a battery door cutout like they did with the X100.

For my next vacation, I'm just going to use the holster and grip instead of bringing a Hadley bag.  I certainly enjoyed my long walk more yesterday traveling light.

Went out for the first time with the combination yesterday and can't imagine not being without it now. You wear it over your right shoulder (camera hanging on the left) so that you can grab the camera with your right hand quickly. Super convenient, and doesn't really look as goofy as the "holster" name would imply. It's definitely not as gratifying without the grip... not that it doesn't work, but I had to attach my Luigi wrist strap to the camera to have something to grab onto to pull it out.

It's a shame the Q wasn't built with a grip on the body. The grip requires removal to access battery and card, so a cutout would have been greatly appreciated. Maybe RRS will make a base with a battery door cutout like they did with the X100.

For my next vacation, I'm just going to use the holster and grip instead of bringing a Hadley bag. I certainly enjoyed my long walk more yesterday traveling light.

Thanks for that. May try it. I do not find grip removal that problematic. A bid like the legacy Leicas requiring base plate removal.

Cheers

Ivo

How much extra height does the handgrip give the camera?

I picked up my Q yesterday and whilst I love it, I do think I need something more substantial than the thumb groove to hold it comfortably. The handgrip actually seems very reasonably priced (I do find it odd though that the finger loop attachment to it is the same price) but these arte di mano cases http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arte-di-mano-half-case-for-Leica-Q-typ-116-open-type-snap-fixed-/221818567338?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a56abaaa also look interesting

Good looking holster.

But isn't is a bit flashy to wear the holster and have a Leica camera on your lower chest or belly?

I am using a long strap with M9 and Q which the camera hangs across the chest and rest by the hip. 

Good looking holster.

But isn't is a bit flashy to wear the holster and have a Leica camera on your lower chest or belly?

I am using a long strap with M9 and Q which the camera hangs across the chest and rest by the hip. 

It's a matter of taste I guess... doesn't make a difference to me.  No matter where I go, I look like a tourist.  May as well wear my camera comfortably.

It's a matter of taste I guess... doesn't make a difference to me.  No matter where I go, I look like a tourist.  May as well wear my camera comfortably.

Agree. This is strictly a personal choice. Enjoy your Q  :)

Mine arrived yesterday-- The fit and finish are excellent.  It improves the ability to hold the camera in one hand.  Only negative is you must unscrew it to get to the SD card or battery.

I have a fingerloop from my M240 and now have found a new home for it.  It greatly adds stability to the whole hand/camera interface.  I'd encourage all of you to try the loop. As we say...your mileage....

• Like 1