I am always amazed about how people complain that new Cameras aren't available immediately in infinite numbers.

How do you think Leica should do that? They want to produce and sell this camera for a few years, demand will be very high in the beginning, but then it will get less within a few months.

It would make no sense to pump up production to the initial levels, only to be overstaffed in a few months.

If you want to be the one on top of the list, stay with one dealer and make him believe that you are going to get the new stuff anyway. Shopping around isn't the best basis for a good dealer/customer relationship.

• Like 3

We have to be patient, Leica is a small company with a small factory, producing tons of cameras would mean lower quality.

Digitalfx the Loxia's are not Sony, are made by Zeiss by their own, like the Batis line. By the way, they're excellent lenses, I had the 35 for a couple of months and the results were great.

I am always amazed about how people complain that new Cameras aren't available immediately in infinite numbers.

How do you think Leica should do that? They want to produce and sell this camera for a few years, demand will be very high in the beginning, but then it will get less within a few months.

It would make no sense to pump up production to the initial levels, only to be overstaffed in a few months.

If you want to be the one on top of the list, stay with one dealer and make him believe that you are going to get the new stuff anyway. Shopping around isn't the best basis for a good dealer/customer relationship.

Not a complaint in any way...just interested , that's all ! I am prepared to wait for what looks like an excellent product.

Whenever Leica builds something (other than a rebranded Panaonic camera), there is a lot of European manual labor involved - frankly, this is one of the reasons I am willingly paying 4 grants for something Taiwan, China and Japan can do for less. If I look at the various serial no. tracking sites, Leica still seems do to batches in the 5 digit range. I think Apple outputs millions of iPhones at a time. 

But I wouldn't know, my point is: whenever there is a cool piece of technology, the manufacturer faces the usual dilemma of setting production quantity. In the recent years that dilemna includes finding the balance between producing millions pre announcement and risking information leak vs. not having enough on the first day. Most Nikons sold out within the first two weeks, the Fujis were usually gone in a few days or never became available until late (the Fuji 56/1.2 comes to mind) etc. everybody including Leica is having the very same problems. It is just annoying when that problem hits you personally.

The Q is totally worth the wait and I would suggest putting in an order and spend some time with the reviews and Leica Q blogs during the wait.