EVF

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've read a few reviews of the Q, but I haven't got a good sense of how good the EVF is on the Q. In general I'm not a fan of EVFs but I have only used the (terrible) one on the M240 and the one on the Fuji X100s which is nothing to write home about.

Can anyone share their experiences?

-jbl

Not sure I really can help you, as this seems to be a matter of personal preferences and taste. The one thing I can tell you is that I was very critical about EVFs and was really uncertain I ever will like one. The X100s went to finance a bit the Q, so I cannot directly comment anymore. While I still enjoy the classic optical finder (SLR and RF), I think the EVFs came a long way and with their latest incarnation in the Leica Q, for me they are really there. The EVF finder of the Leica Q gives me blown highlight warnings, which I find very useful. Lastly, I found some light tubes can a bid distracting, as the finder shows the flickering (at least it was like that in the shop I tried the Q first). Not an issue me. Why don't you just go and try one. The Q finder is better than the one in the Olympus E-M1 for optical presence.