Q batteries.

Red dot was from m china I think. Two for about $22 ea. Today I got 94 shots from one with one bar left.. For that price I'll continue to purchase with the exception of when I need >150 shots at a time.

I don't know... that number of shots doesn't seem nearly right with regards to the proper spec. battery, generic or otherwise.  Not to be a worrier, but I'd have to think that if the number of shots isn't up to spec., then who knows what else might have been compromised as well ?  Maybe overcharging protection etc.  Don't want something that could leak, catch fire etc in your home or in your camera.

I think I'd toss those in the bin and buy something else that operates more properly.

I had a generic Fuji battery that started to swell up on me, I was barely able to get it out of the camera.  Good thing I was too because has it fit any tighter I'd probably of had to send the camera for service to take it apart and get the battery out, which would of cost me way more than the cost of a generic battery

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever use the "Promaster" brand?  The camera store I go to has them, they come up on their website when searching "DMW-BLC12".  A little cheaper than the Panasonic ones, not really concerned with the small savings, the Panasonics are on backorder now.

They look exactly the same except for the printing on the case.  Same specs too.  Probably the exact same battery from the same factory, but just wondering if anyone had any experience.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been using the Wasabi batteries with no problems in the Leica. I've also charged the Leica battery with the Wasabi charger and the Wasabi batteries with the Leica charger with no issues. I got them off of amazon for $30 for 2 batteries and charger.

I echo saechang.  Been using the Wasabi batteries and charger for three weeks now--with three charge cycles on each battery so far they work great and I like that the charger included European plug connectors in addition to US plug connectors.

I just got one of the Promaster brand batteries I asked about, seems fine, though I've only gone so far as to change it and put it in the camera and fire it off a few times.  

I realized that that I had a couple of batteries that brand, for a Canon SLR, that have worked fine for a while now.

Not cheapo cheap, but less than the Panasonic.

They write it [pro]master.  Looks like they make lots of replacement accessories for many brands.