Available countries during signup

myungkeun

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear community,

I have recently signed up to learn more about LEICA products and its rich culture.

I am currently living in South Korea and as I was signing up, there was only a sparse selection of available countries.

South Korea was not on the list. I was just curious, as to why so many countries were not on the list.

Almost wondered, whether I was "welcomed" to sign up or not.

Greetings from Seoul,

Mike

Hi Mike and everyone,

of course you are welcome - like everyone from all over the world!

Sorry for this list - I think it's a result of more than one forum migration.

We just realized that we have about 60% members from Argentina here...

Again: Sorry for that!

I'll try to fix it - this may take either some hours or some weeks (vacation ahead...)

Andreas

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think that the software assumes that you have to be from "somewhere" and Argentina happens to be top of the list. Poor little Andorra or Angola don't get a look in...

That is why so many people are "from" Argentina - it's the default location until you choose another - but it's clear that the list of countries is far from complete. Whether that can be changed "under the hood", I don't know.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Andy,

I just checked again & I see that I am still from "Argentina" (By default.) because there still is not a setting that shows: No Country of Origin provided.

This forces people who would otherwise prefer to simply be people to, instead: Be from some Country or Other. As opposed to their simply being someone from this Planet who prefers not to have their specific Geographical Location become a part of their on screen persona unless they specifically choose to reveal otherwise in a specific instance.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

• 2 weeks later...