myungkeun

Available countries during signup

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear community,

I have recently signed up to learn more about LEICA products and its rich culture.

I am currently living in South Korea and as I was signing up, there was only a sparse selection of available countries.

South Korea was not on the list. I was just curious, as to why so many countries were not on the list.

Almost wondered, whether I was "welcomed" to sign up or not.

Greetings from Seoul,

Mike

Hi Mike and everyone,

of course you are welcome - like everyone from all over the world!

Sorry for this list - I think it's a result of more than one forum migration.

We just realized that we have about 60% members from Argentina here...

Again: Sorry for that!

I'll try to fix it - this may take either some hours or some weeks (vacation ahead...)

Andreas

Hi Andreas and Gibbo,

Thank you both for your kind and prompt replies.
My question has been fully answered.

I wish you both a wonderful day.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi, Singapore is also missing from your members' country list.  Temporary park myself in Malaysia.  Let me know when the list is updated.  Like to change it back to Singapore.  Thanks

Hello Andreas,

I just noticed that I have become 1 of your members from Argentina, as you wrote about in your Post #3 just above.

Have you figured out how a person might go back to having no Country listed?

Best Regards,

Michael

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think that the software assumes that you have to be from "somewhere" and Argentina happens to be top of the list. Poor little Andorra or Angola don't get a look in...

That is why so many people are "from" Argentina - it's the default location until you choose another - but it's clear that the list of countries is far from complete. Whether that can be changed "under the hood", I don't know.

Hello Andy,

I just checked again & I see that I am still from "Argentina" (By default.) because there still is not a setting that shows: No Country of Origin provided.

This forces people who would otherwise prefer to simply be people to, instead: Be from some Country or Other. As opposed to their simply being someone from this Planet who prefers not to have their specific Geographical Location become a part of their on screen persona unless they specifically choose to reveal otherwise in a specific instance.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht