Q rear screen fragile and clicks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If only people adopted your attitude in the 70's and 80's, we'd still have a really large car industry in the UK! What a shame that too many people weren't willing to put up with shoddy workmanship.

Well, having owned a Mini 1100 from new, when we dismantled the third broken engine in 30.000 kms (fed up with guarantee replacements), it turned out to have four different pistons, one flat, one concave, one convex and one with a cam. And with the camshaft tumblers coming from a Morris Bullnose from the late thirties, I think there was nothing that could save BLMC by then... :(

I couldn't sell it quick enough, barely driveable after two years...

four different pistons, one flat, one concave, one convex and one with a cam.

Their revolutionary idea... tailored cylinders to cope better travelling

over level ground, going down hills, pulling up hills and off roading.

As you discovered... the idea didn't work all that well :huh:

• Like 1

You really think that Leica builds their own LCDs??! Without doubt they are as unhappy about this as some owners are...

I have no problem at all with Leica's build quality. My cameras have taken anything I have thrown at them without complaint; And that was more than is reasonable.

Do you think this is an LCD panel issue? No. It's a panel fit issue.

It's the same as apologists for other 'brands'. When Apple gets build execution wrong, it's always the component supplier. When an OS problem prevents things printing, it's 'Oh no, HP again'. When there's a Boot Camp issue, it's Microsoft to blame. So predictable. So fanboi.

Edited by wacka

Yup - it should fit - the panel. If it is out  of tolerance it will work loose after a short while : voila...

Bashing won't change facts...

It's up to Leica now to solve it, if they haven't already, and a number of posts here suggest that they have.

Yup - it should fit - the panel. If it is out  of tolerance it will work loose after a short while : voila...

Bashing won't change facts...

The fact is that 'the clickers' are just breathing out incorrectly. The

expansion gap is there on that corner to help avert hot pixels that

might arise from one breathing out at too high a temperature... :huh:

• Like 1

The fact is that 'the clickers' are just breathing out incorrectly. The

expansion gap is there on that corner to help avert hot pixels that

might arise from one breathing out at too high a temperature... :huh:

:lol:  :lol:

Yes, but bugs might creep in through the gap.. :p

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If my Q display would make a "clicking sound" if I press with my fingers on it, I simply wouldn´t press on it. What is it good for?

Will the display falling out of the Q? Probably not.

Can we see the clicking sound in any photo taken with the Q? Probably not.

Keep calm, take some photos and let this completely insignificant problem be what it is: unimportant. At a later time the Leica service

will solve the "problem" for you in a final way. The Q has a three year warranty.

Storm in a teacup.

Edited by jmschuh
  • Like 2

If my Q display would make a "clicking sound" if I press with my fingers on it, I simply wouldn´t press on it. What is it good for?

Will the display falling out of the Q? Probably not.

Can we see the clicking sound in any photo taken with the Q? Probably not.

Keep calm, take some photos and let this completely insignificant problem be what it is: unimportant. At a later time the Leica service

will solve the "problem" for you in a final way. The Q has a three year warranty.

Storm in a teacup.

Well put. Kind of like the old story where a man goes to the doctor and says, while raising his arm over his head, "it hurts when I do this" and the doctor tells the man "don't do that anymore".
  • Like 2

I don't flame anyone and I agree with you about change it five times. But from my point of you, as a customer, who receive FIVE faulty cameras. Unacceptable.

sorry Michele...I went back to delete the post and it was too late. 

I just get aggravated when I hear people returning a product 5 and 6 times as it costs all consumers...obviously I have no idea what issues you are having and wether it was warranted. Please dismiss my comments. I would delete if I could.

This topic has been batted back and forth for a while. My Q is also affected and I'm waiting for Leica to propose a solution. As Michele Belloni has discovered repeated replacement is not the answer.

I am basically ignoring it as it doesn't affect my picture taking and I only notice it when cleaning the screen. A few of those who have done the same have variously made rather negative comments to the effect that it is a minor fault of no consequence.

BUT, and I think it is a big BUT, this is a Leica camera costing the not inconsiderable sum of £3,000. We are paying for a quality instrument and the Leica reputation for quality and it comes with a fault that Leica themselves acknowledge is not meant to be there. Some of you may be wealthy enough not to care about the cost, but I'm not - it is a significant investment. It ought to come without an inherent manufacturing fault.

To me that is the issue, not whether it makes a difference to my picture taking. It is question of not getting what you are paying for.

It's about time we heard officially from Leica about this.

Tim

• Like 1

The clicking I experienced from new has now disappeared. The rear screen was obviously oversize and when flexed it created a sound.  Now that the screen has bedded in, it's silent.   It never bothered me.  

Time to move on....  

Edited by lucerne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I have got this information from Wetzlar to day.

Nothing to be worried about - just enjoy this little wonderful camera and stop pressing the LCD for checking if the noise still is there.

"The clicking might be caused by the colour around the monitor frame that seems less than 1/100 “thicker” as supposed to be. That can be corrected but will not cause any malfunction. My recommendation is to keep an eye on and latest before the warranty will expire to send in for correction. In case you like to get it done immediately please feel free to send in either directly to us or to hand over the camera to your dealer to forward to us. I hope that will help you. In case of any further assistance is requested please do not hesitate to contact us again."

• Like 1

Hi.

I have got this information from Wetzlar to day.

Nothing to be worried about - just enjoy this little wonderful camera and stop pressing the LCD for checking if the noise still is there.

"The clicking might be caused by the colour around the monitor frame that seems less than 1/100 “thicker” as supposed to be. That can be corrected but will not cause any malfunction. My recommendation is to keep an eye on and latest before the warranty will expire to send in for correction. In case you like to get it done immediately please feel free to send in either directly to us or to hand over the camera to your dealer to forward to us. I hope that will help you. In case of any further assistance is requested please do not hesitate to contact us again."

The colour... you mean paint thickness? No... I can't believe is this one the cause. I've noticed that with continuous and regular use the click issue tends to vanish and now mine has a 99,99% perfect behaviour... it clicks only one time, in a precise area, after some hours of disuse. The most important thing is that there will not be dust and infiltration problems caused by the rear weak LCD.