Winedemonium

Q rear screen fragile and clicks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

>>Leica needs to recruit new "testers".  The current "true believer" testers are not critical enough in their evaluations.

Bit unfair on the testers. They get stuff from prototype

manufacturing runs. The current complaints are about

items made on subsequent manufacturing runs.

They can't know or see defects that arise later...

I'm in contact with Leica Italy and Germany. They told me that a new (third one to be honest) LeicaQ will be on trip to Leica Store Rome as soon as it will be available again (they are actually out of stock). I'll let you know.

>>Leica needs to recruit new "testers".  The current "true believer" testers are not critical enough in their evaluations.

This is obviously a batch of LCD screens that has a manufacturing defect. These are mass-produced items. I am sure that mails are flying between Wetzlar and China (?)

piran, on 14 Jul 2015 - 11:16, said:

>>This is obviously a batch of LCD screens that has a manufacturing defect. These are mass-produced items. I am sure that mails are flying between Wetzlar and China (?)

Errm... yes, I do agree, are you sure you meant to respond to me?

I'm not so sure about that.  This issue, for example, picked up by Diglloyd with the M246 would very likely have been evident in pre-production units:

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2015/20150714_2156-LeicaM_Monochrom-BlackDotInWhiteSpotArtifacts-update.html

This is obviously a batch of LCD screens that has a manufacturing defect. These are mass-produced items. I am sure that mails are flying between Wetzlar and China (?)

Perhaps, but Leica's pre-testing of new products is a little questionable.  Interestingly, Diglloyd posted a similar perspective:

"How is it that I detected the black spot issue with my very first evaluation shoot and no one else noticed it? While I have an odd “Bermuda Triangle” effect on camera and computer gear, the fact that no one noticed the issue prior to shipping the MM246 raises some questions about quality control and testing. Leica has never asked me to test their cameras and that’s just fine, but my suggestion to Leica is to develop relationships with testers competent to evaluate image quality before releasing a camera or lens. I was also the first to blow the whistle on the severe flare issues with the 50mm f/2 APO (my findings were rejected by at least one expert unable to use his own eyes, but later that year Leica stopped production to fix “4 minor issues” with the design, and it is much improved now as the issues were far from minor). Leica never acknowledged my reporting on that issue, so I am glad that Leica took the initiative in contacting me about this black spots issue."

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2015-index-7.html#20150714_2156-LeicaM_Monochrom-BlackDotInWhiteSpotArtifacts-update

Advertisement (gone after registration)

>>Ozkar

Noted - with slight dismay - as I have long history of

breaking software & hardware designers' hearts;~/

I seem to have an (un)natural talent for tripping over

flaws and usually do so quite quickly too. I suppose

my way of wanting to do something seems to take

their systems by surprise. You're making me slightly

nervous about my long-awaited pre-order...

I have one of the early Q`s with SN 4929.....  Along the left edge I can notice a very light clicking, by far not as pronounced as the you tube examples show. Nothing to be worried about in my case. 

Third LeicaQ arrived after the first two defective have been replaced. This one seems ok with electronic problems and lcd clicking. I want to wait more time to say last word (and I'll let you know).

>>Ozkar

You're making me slightly

nervous about my long-awaited pre-order...

Why are you nervous? you freely admit you find flaws in everything, did you expect a perfect and flawless camera? It simply is a myth, it does not and will never exist. IMO this is the best digital camera Leica has conceived. Embrace it and forget about the flaws...its made by humans not gods.

Edited by digitalfx

Why are you nervous? you freely admit you find flaws in everything, did you expect a perfect and flawless camera? It simply is a myth, it does not and will never exist. IMO this is the best digital camera Leica has conceived. Embrace it and forget about the flaws...its made by humans not gods.

Puzzled about your admonishment. I believe my text made

it obvious(?) that I'm resigned to the fact that stuff made

nowadays is rarely 'perfect' but that I also tend to be able to

find, indeed, almost trip over apparent issues. I'm pragmatic

but do *NOT* go out attempting to find flaws. Please also let

it be clear, digitalfx, that I'm annoyed by your admonishment

but fully respect that you are entitled to your own opinion.

Literally, yes, I am aware that this Leica is made 'by humans'

but I would think also by a smattering of robotic assemblies

but most certainly not by any god as I'm wholly agnostic.

Mine clicks as well but it wasn't like that out of the box, looks like somthing that shows up with some usage...

I also have a small dust grain on the sensor, not a big deal as I can remove it with one click in PS but still should not be there with a fixed prime lens.

A few times the camera froze while viewing an image or playing with the wifi, had to remove the battery to get back to life, this also happened to me with the panasonic GX7, just shows that panasonic is more involved with this camera than we really wanted to...

All these things should not accur to a $4250 camera but to be honest, the camera is sooo much fun that I don't care too much about it

Puzzled about your admonishment.

just a question as to why you are "nervous" when its clear you expect to find issues.

Mine clicks as well but it wasn't like that out of the box, looks like somthing that shows up with some usage...

I also have a small dust grain on the sensor, not a big deal as I can remove it with one click in PS but still should not be there with a fixed prime lens.

A few times the camera froze while viewing an image or playing with the wifi, had to remove the battery to get back to life, this also happened to me with the panasonic GX7, just shows that panasonic is more involved with this camera than we really wanted to...

All these things should not accur to a $4250 camera but to be honest, the camera is sooo much fun that I don't care too much about it

Leica Italy admit there is something weird going on. I think you'll be better to contact your local Leica store as soon as possible.

just a question as to why you are "nervous" when its clear you expect to find issues.

There are issues being reported, I am human, it makes me

nervous. What is your problem and why so annoying?

Please get off my back:-) Politely phrased.

Stop annoying us with your personal problems guys. Resolve them in a private way. Back in topic... mine has three days and still no problems at all. Cross my fingers.

Apologies. There is nothing to resolve Michele Belloni.

Someone is on my back (for some reason).

A man few doors away and known to us since

childhood has just died in sad circumstances.

I'm upset AND annoyed. Please go on with the

'clicking' issues and maybe the annoyance on

my back will get off it.

I think you'll be better to contact your local Leica store as soon as possible.

How can the local store do anything if Leica (factory) are quiet?

How can the local store do anything if Leica (factory) are quiet?

I don;t think Leica is quite. From what I know, Leica is absolutely thrilled of the success and are doing anything possible to keep costumers happy.When I wrote few days back about meeting Leica rep. on local Leica Q presentation and his willingness to take the camera with screen click issue with him for repair, I have received following email today. Still not sure why they were fixing "zoom mechanism" 3 times or if its just a typo, but lets see if the screen was fixed when it arrives. If the Q is on its way back to me from Germany, I would say this was pretty fast turnover. Will keep everyone who is interested on the progress and the results posted.

Here is the PDF copy (I did asked in the email what exactly were they fixing as I had no issues with zoom . . lets just hope they know what they were doing and that they were fixing MY Q  as I did ask ONLY to fix clicking rear screen problem regardless there is no mention about it . . .

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sending in your LEICA product. After a thorough inspection we want to inform you about the results: 

10000 LEICA Q (Typ 116), black anodized ( 493xxxx)

akku, sd-card (32), hot shoe cover, protector, lens hood, front cap

general condition of product

traces of use

adjust zoom mechanism adjust zoom mechanism

1 PCS

Labour costs

At our receiving inspection we could determine your complaint. By suitable measures or by exchange of the listed parts the function will be perfect.

adjust locking mechanism

adjust zoom mechanism

adjust zoom mechanism

adjust zoom mechanism

adjustment of all parts