Winedemonium

Q rear screen fragile and clicks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am not forcing or care if anyone is to be concerned. I am just passing on my experience and information I have. At first it was no issue for me but got to say, when there was a chance to talk to a guy from Leica in person, I did asked and was overwhelmed with his immediate reaction and help. He even called to Wetzlar to somebody about this right after I showed him the issue. He looked very surprised about this and start to play with his 8 cameras if these have also the problem. Some of them had it as well. Then he offered me to take the camera with him to get it fixed. I said yes and thanked him for the offer, would't you? On the other hand, I handled few with perfectly fit and no-flex issue units as well, and it was clear, that there is something not 100% correct. Thats all is to say to this. Leica will get it fixed for you if it bothers you. Simple as that.

I'm not blasting you, this must be clear.

Reaching the sensor is a bit panicky, but there will be some dust in the LCD, which should not be either.

If LCD reach dust for a light click on the border it isn't only a glue issue, it is a worst type of design problem.

Leica are offering the Q as an entry into their Lenses for the masses! Most will spend hours PP

in the hope of a masterpiece.. Owners are raving, great this, great that and yes it has changed my life!

Really, What bunkum" it's an inventive highly priced photographic tool with QC issues.. Sadly the same goes for many other models envisaged and produced from the mother ship..Like thorobreds, old English & Italian sports cars when on form they are magical.

All LCDs can get dust under the cover glass if the glue sticking it to the assembly fails. It is simply the way an LCD with cover glass is built, be it your cell phone, your camera or other device.

If LCD reach dust for a light click on the border it isn't only a glue issue, it is a worst type of design problem.

Leica are offering the Q as an entry into their Lenses for the masses! Most will spend hours PP

in the hope of a masterpiece.. Owners are raving, great this, great that and yes it has changed my life!

Really, What bunkum" it's an inventive highly priced photographic tool with QC issues.. Sadly the same goes for many other models envisaged and produced from the mother ship..Like thorobreds, old English & Italian sports cars when on form they are magical.

Leica Q is what I've always wanted. Fast AF, image quality, Beautiful 6400 iso, fantastic EVF. What is really important in reportage or photography is the result, camera is only a way to represent what i want.

The issue on LCD is only strange for a camera of that type after only 10 days and with no use in several conditions.

Leica Q is what I've always wanted. Fast AF, image quality, Beautiful 6400 iso, fantastic EVF. What is really important in reportage or photography is the result, camera is only a way to represent what i want.

The issue on LCD is only strange for a camera of that type after only 10 days and with no use in several conditions.

How did you manage in all the years before the Q?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How did you manage in all the years before the Q?

Always Canon set for me: 1d, 5d1, 5d2, 5d3, 24 f1.4, 35 f1.4, 50 f1.2, 85 f1.2 135 f2. My friends have others Leica such as m8 m9 and i used in different conditions but with little satisfactions for the situations that i had. Now my life is changed,(a little child ) and Q is perfect because combines what i had in Canon for comfort of use (AF) with superb image quality

Unless the body is weather sealed it will almost certainly mean dust can get inside. 

Mostly that won't be a problem but there are plenty of examples of dust getting onto the sensor of fixed lens cameras (there have been threads here about people with the X cameras finding dust spots on their images). 

Hopefully Leica have sealed the join between the lens assembly and sensor well enough to prevent dust getting in. Time will tell. 

If the LCD cover is 'clicking' it would suggest that there is some kind of gap, and dust will find its way in there eventually. 

Same here!

Very very disturbing!

really?...I'm having too much fun with mine...I really haven't thought twice about it since I first reported it on the forum.

I'm wondering if Leica has a special department, which is inventing industry leading problems....

never heard about frequent system freezes, corroding sensors or clicking touch screens in high level products from other camera makers....

And all this in the by far most expensive products on the market.

Remember that our LeicaQ has so many grids (mic, speakers) that dust go there before the clicking rear LCD. I don't think we'll have some dust problem for this issue but sincerely i hate to spend €4000 for a "not so perfect" camera with a poor quality control from the most expensive brand in photography.

Edited by Michele Belloni

Perspective, Perspective. Of course a clicking screen is not ideal but so far we have seen no evidence that this is going to cause any other issues apart from the possible annoying noise and camera performance is so far unaffected. I can only presume that leica will fix free of charge the affected units. I think the problem could exist in the time that take to do this especially over the summer when things seem so slow down to a snails pace in Wetzlar. I remember when the Fuji X100 was released it became quickly apparent that there was a problem with the Iris sticking on certain units and mine had the problem. From the day I informed them to getting the camera back repaired was only 5 days.

day 1. phone call

day 2. prepaid package arrived for sending unit, pack and send

day 3. package arrives at fuji and receive email that unit has been received.

day 4. 2nd email to say unit has bee repaired and sent back out

day 5. receive repaired unit

Okay so fuji have a repair centre in the UK which speeds up shipping times but that is what I call service and of course they are a bigger company but I really feel that this is where lecia could really learn to support customers better and we should really expect a turn round time (at least here in Europe) of no more than 7-10 days.

Anyway I have a year old Golf tsi that has now been with Volkswagen nearly a month as there is an issue with the stop-start mechanism and they can't find the origin of the fault so so much for German engineering. Now that is pissing me off

Edited by viramati

I'm wondering if Leica has a special department, which is inventing industry leading problems....

never heard about frequent system freezes, corroding sensors or clicking touch screens in high level products from other camera makers....

You need to spend some more time on the Internet. It is a hotbed of such complaints - any product, any problem, any brand...

Remember that our LeicaQ has so many grids (mic, speakers) that dust go there before the clicking rear LCD. I don't think we'll have some dust problem for this issue but sincerely i hate to spend €4000 for a "not so perfect" camera with a poor quality control from the most expensive brand in photography.

I wouldn't say the are the most expensive brand, how about Hassleblad rebranding a sony Nex 7 as the lunar

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/06/11/get-your-hasselblad-lunar-now-for-only-6995/

Now that is an expensive rip-off

Same problem here, same position on the touch screen.  I've also had a couple of system freezes, power off wouldn't work and I had to remove the battery in order to get out of the menu.  The second time whilst on the QR screen which I've recorded.  Only used for 2 days.  Apart from these issues, great camera.

after less than two weeks ... same problem!

is not excessive noise such as the video shown a few posts ago, but it is also worrying

Edited by gmascellino

Leica needs to recruit new "testers".  The current "true believer" testers are not critical enough in their evaluations.