Q rear screen fragile and clicks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't look for issues, Im to busy enjoying the camera. Other than the fact that my screen clicks which has zero affect on usability, my camera is perfect. I have no complaints or concerns since it arrived in early June.

How can the local store do anything if Leica (factory) are quiet?

The local store is your dealer...its his job to resolve your issues if you have one.

adjust zoom mechanism

Might be a translation or text lookup error. Zoom

might be confused with 'movement' in interpretation.

Could be referring to an expansion/compression

joint or seal that copes with 'movement' perhaps

due to external heat effects? Three of them looks

a bit odd. Hope that just means they were really

thorough in their assessments and their fixes:-)

Ok...also the third one is starting to click in the same area and same way. Same sound. Annoying issue. I've just contacted Leica for the fourth time. Too bad Leica. Too bad.

so you have returned the camera 3 times now for the same issue (clicking screen), or did you have another problem?

Same problem. The first one has a severe electronic problem with both LCD and EVF going really bad the first 10 seconds when the camera is "cold" (recover when it warms up). The second and this third one have click issues. The latest was perfect until one hour ago and now it start to click in the same region (top left). Just audible sounds but there wasn't any unti today.

I'm starting to be really disappointed with Leica quality control.

I want to be clear: it is not the click itself that worry me but, instead, the idea that can go worst day by day.

I wouldn't be concerned with the clicking for now. Leica is looking into it and you have a warranty.

Mine did it, I was the first to report it...but has since stopped. Maybe the adhesive used...not sure.

Once Leica sorts out the issue, I'm sure the dealers will be advised. Until then just enjoy the camera, It has no affect on performance or use. 

• Like 2

I want to be clear: it is not the click itself that worry me but, instead, the idea that can go worst day by day.

..... why are you repeatedly clicking the screen and making it worse ????

I can knock my Q repeatedly against the table and I am certain than in time something will start to rattle inside  :huh:

Might I politely suggest you try pressing the shutter instead ......  and stop complaining about something that has no functional significance. 

• Like 1

Might I politely suggest you to use the shutter button more than your keyboard keys, instead? There is an official problem well known to Leica and they are working to fix it. I received an official mail from Leica Italy where they claim that the new one that I will receive (the fourth camera to be clear, in less than a month) will be certainly free of this annoying issue.

Moreover I think I have used this camera more than any other owner, having brought with me around half of Europe in so little time, so I do not think I need this kind of advice.

The problem exists and it's real. Call your store and pretend to have a fixed camera.

Next time, instead of sarcasm, be informed. For the sake of all.
Edited by Michele Belloni

Try pressing the viewfinder cover ...... that flexes and clicks as well .........

So .... is that also defective  ????

I have a selection of noises in my car which the garage has labelled as 'product characteristics' ........ which is a  euphemism for 'that's the way it is made' and they are of no functional significance. 

So there is a few hundredths of a mm give in the top left of the cover screen of the LCD top left so it flexes and clicks. So what ? There is nothing there that you would normally press anyway .... even when using the touch-screen commands. Is it stopping you using the camera ? Is it ruining your photos ? Has the camera started to come apart ? 

I'm still not clear what the 'problem' is here ....... and I am not being sarcastic ...... just genuinely perplexed ......

As a long time owner of multiple copies of almost every digital camera that Leica has produced since the M8 I don't need a lecture on Leica Quality control ....... and this issue is tiny compared to some of the previous cock-ups we have had to endure.  :rolleyes:

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 2

I'm on my second after the first had the clicking problem with also some system freezing.  Replacement has been fine, lugged it around the countryside for a week, plenty of use, no clicking.  However, this morning, also from cold, the evf displayed some very weird vertical random white lines (only visible in the evf) whilst using manual focus and then it froze on the image. I had to remove the battery.  A few seconds later it froze again but has been fine since.  Similair to your electronic problem?  I have a feeling this second one will also be on the way back.

Same problem. The first one has a severe electronic problem with both LCD and EVF going really bad the first 10 seconds when the camera is "cold" (recover when it warms up). The second and this third one have click issues. The latest was perfect until one hour ago and now it start to click in the same region (top left). Just audible sounds but there wasn't any unti today.

I'm starting to be really disappointed with Leica quality control.

At a first glance it might be sweet to be one of the first and early adopters of any camera - not only Leicas - and

even not only cameras but every technical product. But often it turns out as a rather bitter experience afterwards.

At least that is, what I have found out for my own in some cases. Let´s hope, that this problem with the Q is not a

general one and only a few cameras are concerned. Anyway bitter enough for these, which are involved. I hope. Leica does

the right thing for them and quick.

I'm on my second after the first had the clicking problem with also some system freezing.  Replacement has been fine, lugged it around the countryside for a week, plenty of use, no clicking.  However, this morning, also from cold, the evf displayed some very weird vertical random white lines (only visible in the evf) whilst using manual focus and then it froze on the image. I had to remove the battery.  A few seconds later it froze again but has been fine since.  Similair to your electronic problem?  I have a feeling this second one will also be on the way back.

It was my first problem with this camera. It is worst than the click issue. They change your camera for free.

Ok, I confess: mine clicks too. But since I can't find any functional problem, it's no major bother. Nevertheless, I have e emailed Leica UK asking if it should be dealt with preemptively. They have not responded yet. It must be a busy time of the year.

They confess there is problem in a mail I received some days ago after my fourth camera on the way. Clicks, freezes and lcd/EVF vertical lines issues.

Edited by Michele Belloni
  • Like 1

Try pressing the viewfinder cover ...... that flexes and clicks as well .........

So .... is that also defective ????

I have a selection of noises in my car which the garage has labelled as 'product characteristics' ........ which is a euphemism for 'that's the way it is made' and they are of no functional significance.

So there is a few hundredths of a mm give in the top left of the cover screen of the LCD top left so it flexes and clicks. So what ? There is nothing there that you would normally press anyway .... even when using the touch-screen commands. Is it stopping you using the camera ? Is it ruining your photos ? Has the camera started to come apart ?

I'm still not clear what the 'problem' is here ....... and I am not being sarcastic ...... just genuinely perplexed ......

As a long time owner of multiple copies of almost every digital camera that Leica has produced since the M8 I don't need a lecture on Leica Quality control ....... and this issue is tiny compared to some of the previous cock-ups we have had to endure. :rolleyes:

Well it appears that Leica see it as a problem, but if you don't and you're happy with a faulty camera then good for you, but there's no need to criticise others for not being happy to accept a £3k faulty camera.

• Like 2