New Leica M246 article at overgaard.dk with many sample photos

Overgaard

Very comprehensive and informative.

Whilst I'm still loving my M9-P I do feel the urge to have a B&W camera and remove the option for colour OR B&W and be forced to think up front and live with the compromise. Silly I know, but how many photography equipment decisions are really based around need anyway, I certainly don't need a monochrom !

Thorsten,

Reading between the lines, I get the idea that you weren't thrilled by the inclusion of the sturdy nylon neck strap with the new Monochrom. In fairness to Leica, I recall a lot of people whining about the leather strap that came with the original MM. It works fine for me - it was a bit stiff out of the box, like any piece of leather, but loosened up in a month or so of use. But I bought another nylon strap for a back-up.

Thorsten,

Reading between the lines, I get the idea that you weren't thrilled by the inclusion of the sturdy nylon neck strap with the new Monochrom. In fairness to Leica, I recall a lot of people whining about the leather strap that came with the original MM. It works fine for me - it was a bit stiff out of the box, like any piece of leather, but loosened up in a month or so of use. But I bought another nylon strap for a back-up.

Maybe they could supply a nylon AND a leather strap! Crazy thought I know but possible  ;) I was looking forward to a leather strap with mine! 

Edited by Megadust

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The cheap nylon strap is a better strap qua strap than the leather one that was supplied with the original Monochrom. Perhaps Leica are finally recognising that some of their customers are tired of the superficial and just want stuff that works.

• 3 weeks later...

Thorsten, I saw a noticeable difference in your Noct images versus the APO ones in the latest post. It seemed to me you spent a good part of the article trying to justify your use of the APO and talking yourself into going back to the Noct. Anyway, an interesting article which convinced me that my bw conversions with my M-P are on par or better than using the M246.

As to the strap thing - I got an Art de Mano black leather strap from Leica Miami. I've never had a problem with the straps which come with the cameras, but I thought the M-P deserved something a bit nicer (and it doesn't have "Leica" on it :) ).

• Like 1

Anyway, an interesting article which convinced me that my bw conversions with my M-P are on par or better than using the M246.

I don't think my b&w conversions will ever come close to what the M246 can produce.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2