Advertisement (gone after registration)

We went back (me and Rodrigue, XVarior) to these souks, a few months after around two years of heavy clashes and fighting in the area, luckily the souks are back to normal and the merchants were very welcoming.

Nuts

Regards,

Edgard

both threads are very nice. remind me a lot of the old market in Jerusalem.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

These pics are amazing! Seeing them brings back memories of places like Amman, Jerusalem or other similar places. I can almost smell the rich odors and hear the voices and sounds of merchants and customers of the market.

Thanks for sharing!

A lovely set, and it's good to see you opting again.  I trust you're well?

Excellent quality pictures in this post with great composition, sharpness, lovely colors and b&w tones.  Very interesting.

Paul

I love the meat merchant and the last B/W!... Wonderful place to shoot!

Edgard,

good lively reportage. The last one is my fourite here because it is telling an interesting story.

Rodrigue, Adam, James, Stuart, Paul, Louis and Iduna, thank you for your comments, very glad you liked the pics.

Enclosing another pic taken also with the 28mm Summicron.

Regards,

Edgard

See why we want you to come to Lebanon :-)

Rodrigue, I would love to pay a visit to this wonderful country and above all to meet you and Edgard.

BTW, speaking of the meat merchant, take a look at the painter Soutine in the internet. He made lots of butchery paintings! I always believed butcheries are very "colorful" and interesting to shoot. Unfortunately, I can't find any in the US; meats are all frozen in the supermarkets!!!...  Another reason to visit you guys!

Rodrigue, I would love to pay a visit to this wonderful country and above all to meet you and Edgard.

BTW, speaking of the meat merchant, take a look at the painter Soutine in the internet. He made lots of butchery paintings! I always believed butcheries are very "colorful" and interesting to shoot. Unfortunately, I can't find any in the US; meats are all frozen in the supermarkets!!!... Another reason to visit you guys!

We can't wait to have you here Louis, also what not, other forum members too. A Lebanese LF meet :-)

Really excellent work, all apart from the butcher photo which is I'm afraid to say, frankly offal

James, thank you for your comment.

Regards,

Edgard

BTW, speaking of the meat merchant, take a look at the painter Soutine in the internet. He made lots of butchery paintings! I always believed butcheries are very "colorful" and interesting to shoot. Unfortunately, I can't find any in the US; meats are all frozen in the supermarkets!!!...  Another reason to visit you guys!

Louis, we would be very happy to have you here, we promise you plenty of meat.

Regards,

Edgard