My editorial comments on a bad review - mostly about AF

I like the T and the quality of the photos it produces, but I have to say I do agree with many reviewers when they complain about its autofocus.

My other camera is an E-M10. It's really significantly faster and much more willing to focus in low light. I've never had an issue with glaringly missed focus with my E-M10 (using spot). Even being conscious that sometimes the T seems to shift focus immediately after a focus lock and waiting a little bit longer to capture, I still end up with some missed focus shots with the T. It's pretty shocking sometimes.

I don't think the T's autofocus is terrible—it's just at least a generation behind, if not two. It does make a big difference in the ease with which I can grab the shots I intend. Yes, I can certainly use manual focus—and the T makes that more pleasant than some other cameras (almost in spite of its lack of focus peaking), but that's what people did with the previous generation of cameras when autofocus was constantly letting them down. It's just so much less of an issue with this generation that the T's difference is pretty obvious.

Edited by julian m