who is going to buy the new Q ?

Very naughty building that also melts jaguars, buildings and plastic lemons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23930675

Could it be a 'reflection' of the plastic quality used in the car parts? Any car should be able to withstand direct or reflected sunlight - unless the reflector acts like a lens and converges/concentrates the the sunlight - which seems unlikely. 

dunk

In a brief absence a row has ensued about my choosing a 28mm fixed when using 35mm most of the time.

Firstly, the 35mm crop does not destroy image quality, it is still really excellent. Even the 50mm crop is very good.

Secondly, my next favoured lens was a 21mm. My main concern was not being able to go super-wide.

Thirdly, I wanted a really practical camera for a trip in the tropics, for which changing lenses on an M9 is not a great idea. IO understand the sensor issue is possibly related to humidity.

Finally, you can take pictures like this with a 28mm (taken this afternoon from an office). The detail is lost in these reduced size images. The detail in the original image is excellent.

wy4YyS.jpg

81VDdW.jpg

Wow, what a lens distortion. Is that what Diglloyd was referring too.

• Like 1

The building has a concave side; this acts like a parabolic mirror and concentrates sunlight in a smallish area.

Correct. For a long while there was some sort of fine black mesh hung over the offending area to solve the problem but now that it appears to be gone I presume they found another solution