Lens Hood Cap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will just let pictures speak for themselves. I have three different lens caps for 49mm that I purchased from Amazon some time ago. None of them fits; all of them are pinch grip.

Maybe a very very thin one will fit - why you would rather wedge one in instead of using the hood supplied by Leica (for free) is beyond me.

If indeed you have that one miracle cap that fits, I suggest you provide brand and details on how to get it... so that people reading your post actually have a chance of following your suggestion.

I have the same one.....turn the cap by 90 degrees, pinch and it will fit.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Any good solutions to this problem? My cap is shot now and wont stay on the hood, i'm sure this has happened to most of us...

This happened to me after two months use. I retrieved it to Leica and they sent me a new one: no problem with this one, with a permanent use -take off and put on- without special care it is still perfect after almost one year of use

So do the same thing, they will exchange de defect cap.

Edited by Lucena

The $8 answer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AC924/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits perfectly OVER then lens hood, stays in place, keeps out all dust, squeezes down into your pocket while you shoot -- PERFECT ANSWER

Make sure you order the "Mini"

I've started using these on all of my glass since I normally have hoods and hate trying to put in the caps!

I have had my Q since early this year and experienced no problems with the hood or cap. I value its modest tightness; better than working loose and becoming lost. I find a slight twisting action when fitting and removing  protects the lining and eases fitting or removal.

• 7 months later...

Well I just received the Q today, so far extremely pleased :)

That said,  one extreme annoying issue is the lens hood/cap. why don't they include a lens hood cap? Instead you have to unscrew the lens hood to put the lens cap on, so annoying.

Can anyone think of any other option ? 

Thanks in advance...

you do realize the 65mm cap will also fit over the hood

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem with the lens cap, after a few months wear the inner lining became thinner and the cap had a tendency to slip off. I therefore bought the Op/Tech Mini and inserted the lens cap into its base, it works a dream as the lens cap is still useable and the Op/Tech Mini protects the majority of the lens from bumps and scratches.