Is the new Q the future M-E

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Regardless if from Q it will Be a future ME or a mirrorless system as I said  "I see that many new customer can be conquered by a Q alike ( in M system)." The Q was an exploring camera for something much more important

The M-E is the entry M, and is a run-out model. It's sensible.  

The Q isn't an M, and provides no entry at all, except to Leica expense... The biggest part of the M system is the lenses, which the Q doesn't use. The Q has absolutely nothing to do with the M system. 

I do find it interesting that Leica is (apparently) continuing the M-E. The existing camera was a stripped down run-out of the simpler CCD based M9. The M9 was iconic, and the CMOS based M(240) a significant departure from that camera. I could see why Leica released it. If the next M is a further iteration of the M(240), why bother?

I would love a 'stripped-down' M240 for less than the current asking price.  The M-E was a bargain when it was released, although it is looking a little long in the tooth now.  I think the M-E is a very useful concept for Leica as it offers a route into M glass for noobs (like me), or a backup camera for seasoned users who can't afford to upgrade every generation.

Regardless if from Q it will Be a future ME or a mirrorless system as I said  "I see that many new customer can be conquered by a Q alike ( in M system)." The Q was an exploring camera for something much more important

I'm one of those. Tried the M9 a few years ago, but it didn't take. But with the Q I'm ready to place my order, will have to sell of a few lenses from my Nikon systems first.. Leica is really moving forward and what will the announcement on 20th of October contain...?

The M ( beautifu , I have an 240) is not the taste everyone is looking for. Number of selling are clear. Other types are extremely successfully. Leica needs a full frame EVF autofocus. Is not a competing products with M, is an expanding option