Leica Q -technical/digital

Just don't carry your Leica cameras when you get that new bike. We all know what happens next. :)

At this moment I am taking a rest after biking all over town, the M9 in a sling bag. Only one more RR crossing to get home. Business went so well I am almost worried! :)

• Like 4

I seem to recall Michael or someone who knows about these things saying that a full frame digital sensor is actually stitched together from what would be smaller chips which would otherwise go into smaller cameras (I know I will have explained that incorrectly).  

That was probably a reference to stitching of the masks needed during the manufacturing process rather than stitching of complete sensors. You can stitch CCD image sensors, e.g., as used in telescopes for astronomy, but I don't think that any consumer camera uses stitched sensors as opposed to stitched masks during manufacturing. But perhaps someone can point one out.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to find someone to build a bicycle for me around a Rohloff hub. In fact, my next 'ultimate' will not likely be a Leica, but a bicycle, perhaps the last one I'll buy. Rohloff is an amazing study in engineering.

A treat for you; the best :

http://www.paulusquiros.co.uk/#

.......... Chris

Oh Dear

Chris - what HAVE you done to me. 

I've been talking to Jose Quiros and I'm absolutely and definitely hooked . . . a touring bike to drift comfortably around the countryside taking photographs . .  . . . . . What beautiful things, and such nice people. I recommend that you don't follow the link Pico - or you may find yourself en route to Swansea for a fitting (like I am).

Poor Poor bank balance!