Very nice! It's been 30 years for me, and my favorite chemistry and films are extinct, so I'm going through quite a learning curve.

Thank you. I'm lucky Tri x is still available and am experimenting with Arista products in both 4x5 and 35mm.

Good luck finding a new film you like.

Very nice! It's been 30 years for me, and my favorite chemistry and films are extinct, so I'm going through quite a learning curve.

If you can find your developer recipe online you can mix it yourself. Try APUG. I started home-mixing Kodak's D-96 and it's been great: Cheap, stable and convenient. And fun too. Can't help with film, alas.

s-a

I still have a copy of Kodak's "Processing and Formulas" so if you let me know what developer you're looking for I can probably find the recipe for you.

I used to mix several different developers but found HC-110 in various dilutions was great for Tri-X sheet film so quit making D-23 and others.

Best regards,

Dave

Edited by Sailronin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By gwpics
      Like so many I am in a lockdown situation, and as a safeguard I have not ventured out for many week because of my age and heart condition. Those around me are keen to keep me a live for some reason! 😄 I have therefore been exploring the home environment, and also exploring my under-used 24mm Elmarit-M f2.8 ASPH.
      Here is one from my garden which was taken with the Elmarit on my M240, and then converted to black and white in Lightroom CC. Technical details are 1/90 f8 @ 2000iso Init is pretty dark under the oak tree). Hope you like it!
      Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Johnkittaboon
      I have one of leica c1 kirin beer limited edition and I want to know how many leica made this compact camera in limited?
    • By justkane
      Hello, Newbie post here!
      I purchased a really beautiful M7 back in February and initially sent it in to service for a shutter curtain and rangefinder calibration after finding flaws in the first few rolls back from the lab. The work was done in March and all seemed well. Now there's a new super weird and annoying problem and I'm curious if any technicians and fellow M7 owners have experienced this.
      When powering on, the first shot seems to lock up the shutter halfway when using electronic speeds snd auto mode. It sounds like the soft click of the front curtain opening for a long exposure, but never completes the exposure with that louder clack. I am able to complete the exposure jam by switching to one of the mechanical speeds and press the release. It then clacks and allows me to advance again.
      Here's the weird part: as long as I keep the power switch on, I can now capture normal electronic shutter speeds without issue. Once I turn it off and then on again, that first powered frame will lock up. I've changed the batteries (using Duracell DL 1/3N CR1/3N 3v Lithiums), the battery gate and contacts appear clean, the meter appears to be displaying and working normally. Literally just the shutter lock up on the first powered frame is the issue. 
      The service technician is a bit stumped by this issue and has suggested that I keep the power switch on and only advance when ready to shoot, or live with the oddity to avoid having to pony up for what could be the need for a new circuit board.
      Anyone have experience with this issue?
      What is the going rate for a trip to Leica for a new board and CLA? Would it be less of headache to sell the body at a low price and live another day with an M6 or MP instead? Yes, I do dream of an MP...

Thanks in advance!
    • By Yaakov
      Disclaimer:
      I'm starting a new topic regarding the issues found in my newly purchased Leica MP, the purpose of this is to share any ideas that could lead to a solution,
      this is not a rant about Leica lack of QC which we all know is becoming an issue.
      After receiving my camera I run a roll of Kodak TriX 400, after developing the film I found a trace of scratches, I did several test with other films which I didn't develop (in case the scratches were being caused by my development process):
      Bergger Pancro 400,
      Ilford HP5+.
      They all show the same type of scratches.
      This is an undeveloped roll, https://ibb.co/RbxynrM
      https://ibb.co/8xkfs17
      I found several threads with people claim the source of this issues was the pressure plate so I checked mine in order the find anything that could be the reason, the screws in the plate don't match the position of the marks in the film and the surface of the plate in my camera feels smooth and flat, I wondered if maybe the reason could be the bridge that has the connection for the light meter but after more inspection it was obvious that the plate keeps the very flat and it does not touch that area.
      I did another test in which I rub some film on the surface of the plate, to my surprise the film was very scratched, I did the same against the plate in my 1958 M2 and it didn't do a single one.
      I also did a couple of prints to verify the scratches appear and unfortunately the scratches are visible even on a middle size print.
      This is the print, the scratches appear in the top and the bottom https://ibb.co/VpKsdfb
    • By Herr Barnack
      I just now happened to stumble upon this essay on the M10 Monochrom which is accompanied by a nice set of sample images. 
      In thinking about the concept of a black and white only digital camera in general and about the M10 Monochrom in particular, I was smitten with a thought that I cannot shake free of:  The M 10 Monochrom may well be the pinnacle of the digital M camera. 
      It is going to be an awfully hard act to follow.  If anyone can best the M10 Monochrom, it would have to be the gents and ladies of Werzlar.
      https://www.popphoto.com/story/gear/hands-on-leica-m10-monochrome/