Sign in to follow this  
Torquinian

Battery Life

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The X2 instructions say it has a battery life [fully charged] of 350 pictures, but recently on my holiday abroad I got a low battery warning after 130 shots. Luckily I had a spare battery with me. 

Why the problem?

I think the 350 pictures only applies to ideal battery management.

There are several reasons why that number can vary dramatically. Usually the display is the main reason for fast battery drainage. Looking at photos inbetween shots will shorten battery life. Also a high brightness setting for the display will shorten battery life. The constant use of autofocus without taking photos can also be a factor.

I hope this helps a little.

I don't know how many recharge cycles your battery has been through but frequently it takes 2 or 3 recharge cycles for a new battery to reach full storage capacity.

Use EVF, if you want to increase battery life dramatically. No idea how many pictures it takes to drain a battery then. Never had the patience to test this with EVF

Don't you think that the instruction book  is the tiniest bit misleading?   [37% overstated]

I think the 350 pictures only applies to ideal battery management.

There are several reasons why that number can vary dramatically. Usually the display is the main reason for fast battery drainage. Looking at photos in between shots will shorten battery life. Also a high brightness setting for the display will shorten battery life. The constant use of autofocus without taking photos can also be a factor.

I hope this helps a little.

Don't you think that the instruction book  is the tiniest bit misleading?   [37% overstated]

Yes, I do.

But it is the same with almost every electronic device. Battery life is subject to so many different things.

Btw, using the flash will also drain the battery very quickly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gmiliotis
      Hi All
      I have a Leica X2 and I try to process  some DNG files with DxO PhotoLab 2 (Elite). It seems though that DNGs from X2 are not supported, which I find really strange and also very frustrating. Do you guys have any experience with this, how to do process your files with PhotoLab (or you just dont bother try using it....). I have paid for the product but I now thinking whether I should just cancel it while I still have time...
      Many thanks
    • By roelandinho
      The finder is in good condition. There's a little bit of dust inside, but in use the glass is clear and very bright! 
      I recently sold my X2 so now I'm selling the accessories for it as I have no use for them anymore. I'm also selling the EVF (Olympus VF-2) in another advert on this site!  
      I will be shipping from Belgium. 
    • By Donut
      The X1 was, if I recall, the first true compact, fixed lens APSC camera. The X2 improved upon that and the X113 was a dream. But that was in 2014, and its ISO performance and AF speed could do with what would be a much update. 
      Leica has mentioned that the CL is an effective replacement for the X series. The beautiful sensor produces images very close to that of the M; its AF speed is now reasonably fast; and the size and dimensions - especially when used with the 18mm - is certainly X sized. And let's not forget that beautiful viewfinder. 
      However, I would argue that the CL does not offer the same straightforward, no nonsense manual simplicity of the X series, which is what set the X apart from everything else. Those beautifully engraved and dedicated aperture and shutter speed dials made its operation effortless. While I did try the CL, and was impressed by the image quality, I did find the non-labelled, multi functional top dials something of a pain, and often found that, while in busy areas, the dials could inadvertently change the settings, which was a constant source of frustration. 
      In this respect, I personally hope that we will see either a CL 2 that adopts the X operational philosophy, or alternatively, a new X3. I would be fine with the return of the 2.8 Elmarit, the 1.7 Summilux, or if they somehow managed to cram a collapsible Summicron into an X2 sized body, then that that would be wonderful. Make that collapsible Summicron a manual pull out and you have something that would probably be more robust and nostalgically charming. 
      In a recent interview, Leica did say that they were not ruling out the possibility of a fixed lens APSC compact camera, but it would depend on whether or not there is clamour for it. What say you?

• By Steve Bauer
      Hallo Leicafans, hier möchte ich eine Bildergalerie für die X2 bzw. die X-E einrichten.

Ich starte mit einer Nachtaufnahme der Chemnitzer Innenstadt und hoffe auf eine rege Beteiligung!
      Blende 2.8, ISO 1600

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By jonatdonuts
      My second digital Leica was an X 113, which I loved. Perfect lens, lovely body, simple controls; everything was wonderful apart from the ISO performance beyond 1600, blown highlights, and mediocre autofocus. 

I had high hopes for the new CL, and though it seems to have addressed these issues, ergonomically it just doesn't sit well with me.

I have been told that the CL is looking to take over the X line, which from a marketing point of view makes sense, but it does now leave Leica photographers who want only the purest form of controls with just the M and Q lines - and both of these are a little too bulky for the pocket. 

In light of this gap, I still believe there is a niche for a new, small X. Think of the X2 in size and controls, but with a TL2 sensor, and a 35mm or 50mm collapsible Summicron lens. Then replace the back screen with the ISO dial, and up top place a viewfinder in the same fashion as the VIDOM. 

The X-D if you will. 

Add a IIIg selfie timer lever on the front for good measure, and I think it might do quite well. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy