Sonnenblende hood for Hektor 13,5 cm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm looking for the hoods for my lenses and I found some. The one that makes my think is what lens suits the Hektor 13,5cm f/4,5 screw mount.

I saw several IUFOO for Elmar 9cm and Hektor 13,5cm but they say for M39 filter thread. So while my Elmarit 90 is M39 as the Summicron and the Summaron, I measured the inside of my Hektor and the thread is 33mm.

I also looked in the Wiki but I haven't found any right hood.

There is one on sale on the bay which I haven't found in the Wiki. It's this one:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/LEICA-LEITZ-paraluce-in-metallo-per-Elmar-9-cm-e-Hektor-13-5-cm-/111641708706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item19fe5d48a2

There is also this one but it says Elmar and Hektor, and I don't know if the size is correct:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Leitz-Sonnenblende-fur-Elmar-9-cm-und-Hektor-13-5-cm-Leica-Lens-Hood-Germany-/161718469932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item25a72c052c

If your Hektor 13,5 has not the E39 filter thread, it means that is the older version, which accepted the A36 clamp screw filters (the same for Elmar 5cm and many other lenses) : the right hood for this kind of front mount is the FIKUS, a length-adjustable hood which is good also for 5cm and 9 cm Elmars : is not difficult to find ; see the Wiki for an illustration : http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/FIKUS

The new front mount with the E39 filter thread and the inlet to mount IUFOO hood entered in 1956 at s/n 1.416.000 (some E 39 Hektors have numbers prior to this one, but usually are bayonet mount version, which was never made with the old A36 filter mount)

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Thanks alot Luigi. Yes, my Hektor is the older. So the hood is a clamp-on. I couldn't understand how to fit any hood on it.

The annoying thing is I have to get 3 different hoods, one for the Summaron 35 and the Summicron 50, another for the Elmarit 9 and the last for the Hektor.

With the prices they have is not really a good news.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm waiting for some answers from a couple stores. In the meantime I measured all my lenses. The Summaron, Summicron and Elmarit have an inside front end diameter of 38mm, the outside is 42mm. The Hektor is 33mm inside, 36mm outside.

I'm waiting for some answers from a couple stores. In the meantime I measured all my lenses. The Summaron, Summicron and Elmarit have an inside front end diameter of 38mm, the outside is 42mm. The Hektor is 33mm inside, 36mm outside.

So...  :)  IROOA for Summaron AND Summicron.... and even for the Elmarit if you accept a partial protection (the right one is the IUFOO) : none of them is rare nor costly..and they are pleasantly metallic ;)

Edited by luigi bertolotti

I've got the three B) And, I don't understand why, the IROOA is the most expensive of all. I saw online some really ridiculous prices. I found one at a "decent" price, keeping in mind that... yes, it's Leica stuff, but they're simple rounded barrels.

The IROOA is the later version, so I hope it will fit on my lenses.

• Like 1