FrozenInTime

Leica Q -general-

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The big remaining question....is the EVF built-in?

Yes, I think you can see the outline of the eyepiece in the image, right of the strap lug.

I believe the photo and specs are real, but we will know for sure in a week from now. Looks nice, but how practical is a fixed 28mm lens? I am sure that Leica has checked out consumer preferences very thoroughly, but I would not buy a camera with a fixed 28mm. I use a 35mm far more often than the 28.

250swb, on 25 June 2015 - 20:56, said:

It is, or will be, a full frame fixed lens camera based on the available technology from the parts bin. The interesting thing will be that like the offspring of the X series, the T, will this evolve into an interchangable lens camera in the future? In which case that is where the Leica evolution, slow as it is, truly gets stood on its head.

Steve

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yes Steve, that would be very interesting.

Edited by stevelap

Not exciting at all

I wonder if it is not the right time to sell all my Leica gear

I don't trust that company anymore

Well, at least it is better than an MP 70 years Korean Independence model.

If genuine, the big remaining question.......is the EVF built-in? (Is that a viewfinder eyecup just visible on the left-hand edge of the body/right-hand side of the image?).

Although all the hype suggests it has a built in EVF, I say it doesn't

It looks too much like the 113 design and I think Leica is quite happy with the add on EVF for its X and T cameras at the moment

Edited by colonel

If it is priced at $4500 it is nearly $2000 over the comparable Sony RX1. Will the market accept this?

I also have to assume that the EVF is indeed build-in.

1. You can see the ring on the right side of the camera. What else then an EVF this could be?

2. If Leica would add the EVF from the T series it would have GPS, and this would have certainly been mentioned in the specs.

3. The stated resolution of the ?build-in? evf is around 3.7 million dots. If I remember well the resolution of the external is higher

So 3 arguments that go for the build-in!

John

Edited by satijntje

Looks odd:

it seems to have to rings, out of which the one close to the camera has a some labels - for focusing.

There are grips close to the lens mount that suggest that aperture is set there.

What's the third ring (all the way to the front) for? Cannot be aperture as there are no labels. 

The picture certainly suggests a built in viewfinder that can be seen at the top right - looks like the rubber on an M rangefinder.

strap lugs with no protective piece of plastic above it - that's the first time Leica does this

lens looks like it will extend - yuck

we'll in a couple of days

3. The stated resolution of the ?build-in? evf is around 3.7 million dots. If I remember well the resolution of the external is higher

No, the EVF from the T has 2,4 million dots, so this is much higher.

Silly question: if the lens is fixed to the body, why has it the focal lenght written on the tube right next to the camera body where M lenses show their focal lenghts, too?

When you really look close, you see a knurled part on the right side of the tube, nearest to the body, on which a normal lens can be attached. It is highly unlikely, but is it a T-lens (FF) on a Q-body. Or is this just wishful thinking?

Can also be a preliminary model?

Edited by AndrewAM

Silly question: if the lens is fixed to the body, why has it the focal lenght written on the tube right next to the camera body where M lenses show their focal lenghts, too?

Because it looks awesome! 

I think the knurled part looks like the aperture ring, its not flush against the body, there is another ring of metal behind that. All very nice.

I believe the photo and specs are real, but we will know for sure in a week from now. Looks nice, but how practical is a fixed 28mm lens? I am sure that Leica has checked out consumer preferences very thoroughly, but I would not buy a camera with a fixed 28mm. I use a 35mm far more often than the 28.

28mm is great for the iPhone generation, group shots and so on. But basically you can crop from 28 to 35 (and 50) but not from 35 to 28. And it would also not put the camera directly in competition with the X (Typ 113).

Noticed the closest focus distance is 0,3 m1 on the lens. Could mean that the smallest aperture would adapt between 0,3 and 0,7 m1, from 2 to 1,7?

In the way the T and X do.

...and from the rumour specs with real high res. (3.68MP)

-

All together looks pretty sexy in my eyes

Edited by eckart

...and from the rumour specs with real high res. (3.68MP)

Thanks, that part I got.

I just couldn't tell whether it was a stick-on job on the top.