Leica Q -general-

I've just received an email from Leica Manchester with details of the camera. I love the electronic zoom!

Seriously, if it works only on jpegs and leaves the Raw file alone, I can live with it. It does sound as if the camera captures DNG and jpeg simultaneously, with no option to capture DNG-only? If so this is a good way to annoy anyone who never shoots jpeg and it will annoy them every time they download their photographs and have to delete the jpegs. 

Apart from that, I'm happy. If the video button (I presume it has one) can be customised I will be happier!

Mike.

Has anyone seen the price in Euro's?

BTW, dpreview has three articles in their news section.

http://www.dpreview.com/?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=logo&utm_medium=image&ref=logo

On the website of Leica Meister the Price is 3,990,-€.

So the statement in Jono's Report, that the Q has the same price  as the 28mm Summilux Asph - which is 5.500,-€ - may be some sort of prophecy about the price in one of the next Leica price lists.

Edited by UliWer
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was totally wrong  ! this is certainly  a wonderful camera  and I  need it :-)

I don't "need" it.   But I "want" it, and have ordered one.  The T will be gone.  the M-P240 and MM240 and Q will make a nice family for me.

• Like 2

to be fair, UK price of RX1R (wexphotographic) is £2150, add EVF £300 and you are at £2450, £450 less than Leica

No, that is not fair

You can get if for UK retail at £1,799 inc cash back

As import for £1.350

And there is a second hand market

It occasionally pops up cheaper

• Like 1

This is a fantastic camera with a very fair price. I own a Fujifilm X100 and while I am very happy with the 35mm FOV, several times I wished to have a wider lens. Check out the studio comparison with RX1R at dpreview, Leica Q lens quality is stellar across the frame and the sensor is fantastic, too.

This is a fantastic tool, well done Leica.

Koray

I don't "need" it.   But I "want" it, and have ordered one.  The T will be gone.  the M-P240 and MM240 and Q will make a nice family for me.

ok I don't need it but I don't need anything

I keep my M 240 from 50mm up and that Q 

I sell my 24 and 34 Summilux :-)

Edited by erick
  • Like 1

I like the look of the camera very much. I would like to know who manufactures the sensor, just as I would like to know who manufactures the T lenses. I don't know why the secrecy.

Mike.

Well, if they said Canon make the sensor, everyone would say it's just a rebadged Canon. If they said Kyocera make the T lenses everyone would say why are Kyocera lenses so expensive.

Buyers prefer the mystique and many refuse to believe that anything with a Leica badge isn't crafted entirely by hand in Germany. Look at the fools who swear blind that Leica's aren't made by Panasonic! 

I can understand Leica's preference for ambiguity to be fair. 

• Like 1