FrozenInTime

Leica Q -general-

Oh yes and in the Apple App Store!

But not (yet) in the German Apple App store!

Oh yes and in the Apple App Store!

the app i just downloaded in the us app store.. shows nothing it just wants to pair w/a camera...

Have a look at this!

I wonder if it is the app that is producing the frames rather than these being carried forward from the camera VF. 

Wilson

Have a look at this!

thank you.. on my iPhone i am definitely not seeing this screen.. i will look at home on my iPad. 

does anyone know the time that leica is announcing the camera?

Actually, quite a few digital cameras now in the wild sport some kind of grid lines or auxiliary lines for the sole purpose of assisting the photograph with the framing, should he want such assistance. Cropping within the camera or later in the computer seems to be exactly the same to me. 

I find those gridlines useful, but no they are not exactly the same - the simple difference is that the gridlines help with getting the horizon straight to to consider perspective when taking an image with lots of straight lines.  The framelines are completely useless.

Why useless?  Unless you're only shooting JPGs (in which case this is probably the wrong camera for you - think Snapshot mode on the M9), why crop in camera, and if you're cropping, who cares where the 35mm, 50mm or even 75mm framelines are?  If you're not actually using these lenses, what possible use are they?  Just crop, wherever looks best, and straighten the horizon when you're at it ...

I always thought the framelines were to give you an indication of what would be framed if you chose a different lens.

Edited by IkarusJohn

its a toy, expensive, well made, solid, professional but toy

That's what my wife said about my M9, till she saw the output.  The output is what matters, right?

I'm guessing, but I think it will be sensational.

Having seen a little of the Q app on the Apple store, I can only say it's a gimmick - they've made it look just like an M rangefinder/viewfinder.

Quite clever in a way, but ultimately pointless on the face of it. 

Jaapv, I don't crop; or at least I don't take a photograph with a view to cropping it later. Adding a digital crop to a camera is like adding a facility to imprint the date in the corner of a photograph. It doesn't belong on a high-end camera. Let's agree to disagree.

Mike.

The Leica R4-R7 came with a data back. Two actually.

With a loupe (Hoodman)?

Jan

No just naked, as it were! I have been using a Canon EOS-M lately with the tiny 22mm f2 lens (35mm equivalent). I tried it with a shoe mounted finder but as it has a touch screen like the T it kind of works better from the LCD - even though I'm surprised to be saying so! I haven't found it a problem even in bright sunlight. 

Some users love the 'Clear viewer' similar to a hood man but a folding solution. 

I'd like a real crop 28/35/50 , of course with less pixels , not a digital zoom

I would love a camera with a real Tri-Elmar 28-35-50mm lens fixed to the body. (No digital cropped)

Edited by rivi1969

I would love a camera with a real Tri-Elmar 28-35-50mm lens fixed to the body. (No digital cropped)

me too

me too

Yes, the digital crops are useless, you can crop but the DoF and possible distortions of the wider lens will be the same of the original focal length... Maybe a simple solution would be like the Fuji X100, to simply attach teleconverters. (?) how nice would be a full frame Digilux 2 version.

Edited by rivi1969

Yes, the digital crops are useless..

Nope, use the 35mm settings on my Ricoh GR quit often as other GR-users as well. DoF discussions for 28/35mm are useless, you will barely see any difference, not to forget the typical user of this camera type uses most often apertures around 5.6 and higher, and distortion is easily to handle in LR or whatever SW. But most important, if you don't like it, don't use it. Can't see a problem here. Same (imho) stupid discussion as with the video function in the new M's.

Yogi

Edited by mod2001