Lens Issue Not Connecting and locking to camera body

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently went to put my lens on (18-55) and wasn't able to view anything thru the lens. I thought well I must be putting this lens on wrong :o So I continued to futz with it and then noticed that the pin on the camera lens collar was not popping up all of the time to lock the lens in place. I'm assuming that it neess to pop up once the lens is on to couple the camera and lens and to lock it in. So the lens just comes off without pushing the lens release button.

Has anyone had a problem like this? 

I recently went to put my lens on (18-55) and wasn't able to view anything thru the lens. I thought well I must be putting this lens on wrong :o So I continued to futz with it and then noticed that the pin on the camera lens collar was not popping up all of the time to lock the lens in place. I'm assuming that it neess to pop up once the lens is on to couple the camera and lens and to lock it in. So the lens just comes off without pushing the lens release button.

Has anyone had a problem like this? 

Something may have jammed into the pin's socket or into release button's socket preventing the pin springing back into the lens. I just sharpened a matchstick into a fine wedge and was able to push it into the release button's socket … where the release button, if stuck/jammed, can then be 'levered' up. Worth a try and being wood will not scratch the release button socket. Once the button is back 'up', a smear of 'nose grease' applied to the edges of the release button with the mini wooden wedge should prevent it jamming again. Alternatively, unscrew the lens mount annulus' i.e. remove its six retaining screws, and examine the lens release button mechanism with a loupe - clean any foreign matter which might be preventing it function and reassemble. There must be a spring under the button but unlikely that it has dislodged. 

dunk