DigLloyd reviews M246

jrp

It is difficult to comment on something that you cannot see (without a subscription); I have no idea what he is talking about. (And I don’t fall for subscription-bait.)

Actually, you might appreciate his work. Lloyd has strong opinions, but so do many of the moderators on this forum  :).

It is no more bait than Sean Reid charges (a favorite of Leica).

Meanwhile, Digilloyd declares B&Ws from the 50Mpx Canon to better the M246. http://diglloyd.com/blog/2015/20150620_1118-Canon5DSR-comments.html

(I'd have thought that something like the D810, which has the highest dynamic range sensor of full frame cameras would make the best b&w camera, since b&w is largely about tonality.)

For me the Monochroms beat every other digital camera at taking B&W photographs because every other camera cannot not take colour photographs.  I love the feeling of having a camera that only shoots B&W, like having a camera with B&W film in it.  If I have the urge to shoot B&W this camera full fills that urge 100%, for every other time the M240 is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...