New lenses? ;-)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is there any update on upcoming lenses? I'm rather desperately waiting for a 35mm (52,5mm equiv.)  prime lens with AF. I understand for sure that Leica is hoping to sell 35 Summilux-M lenses for an arm and a leg, but it would be nice to see that they're still working on the T-System one year after its release. The IQ of the two new zoom lenses is way above the 23mm Summicron and also the standard zoom, but a 35 'Lux- (even if only f/1.7) would be a nice addition to complete the set. ***rant over***

Edited by SirPiet
  • Like 2

+1.  It would be very nice if Leica like Fuji (and to a lesser extent Sony) could put together a lens road map that builds more confidence in the T system.

I only have the 23mm.  I am pleasantly surprised to hear that the 2 new zooms exceed the 23mm in image quality.

+1. It would be very nice if Leica like Fuji (and to a lesser extent Sony) could put together a lens road map that builds more confidence in the T system.

I only have the 23mm. I am pleasantly surprised to hear that the 2 new zooms exceed the 23mm in image quality.

I think the roadmap is currently like those roads leading to a scrap of waste ground, a road leading to no where, it comes to a dead end.

Maybe it will be built on or maybe not, depending how things pan out!

Edited by earleygallery

Are they?

Is there another source or something to read / look at beyond SirPet's well appreciated opinion?

according to the released MTF-curves the 23mm Summicron is better at close-up while the wideangle zoom is better at infinity. I'm mainly shooting landscape and interior shots with a tripod so it was the better option. Additionally, i have yet to experience heavy chromatic aberations with the zoom like i had with the summicron.

The tele lens is really strong up until 100mm focal length and then falls off, and this lens reveals sharper details than any other T-lens even when shot wide open. My first thought when i handled it and saw the pictures it was derived from the 80-200 Leica R-Lens (which it isn't), but an enjoyable lens anyway, especially with APO-correction.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the 23mm and the 18-56mm zoom.

both are fantastic. I do do not see IQ differences.

both are "optimized" in camera (jpeg).

the dng are "optimized" in Lightroom, by the lensprofiles that are built in the dng (clever idea).

I am a new Leica T user (Used Fuji, and before that Nikon).

Although I do not really know what makes me happy about the pictures, they seem to have more "emotion" in it: maybe the price of the camera or it's aureole?