Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

Fireworks Competition

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In the city of Hannover there is a large area of gardens. The baroque part of the garden with the palace is a huge place. There is a fireworks competition being held annually with altogether 6 events during the summer months. At 6 p.m. people start to stroll around and look for a place to settle down for picknick on one of the benches or on the ground. Then at 10 p.m. the fireworks start and last for 30 minutes. This time it was a young Italian pyrotecnic group performing the mandatory piece was a part from Dvorak's symphony no 9 "From the New World". a second part was the group's own choice. 

It was nasty cold and people were right to wear winter jackets,caps,shawls and gloves! At least it did not rain.

In 30 minutes time we enjoyed a fantasy of colours and rhythmic scenic change. I had a gorgeous time and it was worthwhile having been there.

Canon 5D MKII with R Summicron 50 mm apart from the first picture which is with R Elmarit 28 mm

Really cool series. Ironically, I think my favorite is the one of the people. The color is outstanding.

Stuart,

many thanks

Lars,

thanks for your encouragement.

Francois,

thank you for stopping by and enjoying.

Brent,

very interesting. In fact I shot a whole series of people and will post them in the street-forum. Light was gorgeous and people enjoyed snacking and tallking while waiting for the start of the fireworks. Thanks for your nice comment. I tis appreciated as an encouragement.

Thanks all for clicking the "like"-function 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gwpics
      Like so many I am in a lockdown situation, and as a safeguard I have not ventured out for many week because of my age and heart condition. Those around me are keen to keep me a live for some reason! 😄 I have therefore been exploring the home environment, and also exploring my under-used 24mm Elmarit-M f2.8 ASPH.
      Here is one from my garden which was taken with the Elmarit on my M240, and then converted to black and white in Lightroom CC. Technical details are 1/90 f8 @ 2000iso Init is pretty dark under the oak tree). Hope you like it!
      Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By lykaman
      D-Lux7   Apologies, Image are pure krapp -

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By lykaman
      Hi, seriously thinking of getting a Q-P, how do the colors compare with say the X1 or the M-P240 ?
    • By Joe Cunningham
      I'm new here and while attempting to make my first post I was surprised to find that the main thread for street photos contains black and white photographs, exclusively (the thread is even tagged "mono"), and the street photo I want to share is a color shot, so instead of sheepishly going away, I've started this topic.  I don't know if there is value in keeping the color street photography separate from the monochrome, I'll let the moderators decide that.  But currently the only thread of any importance in the entire street photography forum containing color pictures that I could find are all photos taken at beaches, so I hope others find this topic as useful and necessary as I do and post in it.  I'll go first.

Woman on LSD, Nicollet Mall, downtown Minneapolis, 2018
      (Leica M10 and Summilux 35mm f/1.4 ASPH)
      She was obviously high, which is why I followed her, and after I made this shot I asked her with a smile if she was tripping. "Yeah, tripping balls!" she answered and then did a pirouette and dashed off into Target before I could say another word.

• By DirkR440
      this picture stressed me a lot...  I missed the blue hour and there have been millions of people on the street and in front of the building. So, considering the circumstances... I'm still quite happy with the result.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Festival of Lights Berlin by Dirk Raffel, auf Flickr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy