Good deal

leika

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi..

I am able to buy a Leica M8 toeter with

Leica Elmarit-M 1:2.8/28 ASPH E39

Leica Summarit-M 1:2.5/75 E46

For the nice price of 2900 euro.

I was wondering in anybody could tell me if this is a good price or to expensive?

Thks!

No idea, as it is not possible to judge the state of repair of the gear through the Internet. Even if it looks mint, there may be something wrong. There is also the question whether it is a private buy or a dealer-guaranteed set. Browse eBay to get a feel for the prices.

In general the Forum does not do valuations because of this.

Ok, let's see

The Summarit 75/2.5 including hood frequently sells for around 1150 with warranty (i.e. from a dealer).

The Elmarit-M 28/2.8 ASPH is interesting because this used to be a bargain lens for EUR 1500 new. Now the price has gone up to around EUR 2000. I don't see a lot of these on the 2nd hand market, but they would have probably adjusted to the higher retail price and sell for maybe 1300 with warranty.

Summing everything up, this leaves 450 for the M8. Typically M8 sell for 900 - 1500.

Now everything depends on the true condition of these things...

Thanks!..I bought it today!..Just for 2750..So I think it was a good deal..

Only minus...I did not realise that the Storage is very slow. So..I locked the shutter/camera. I going to work Now, and put the camera in my car without battery and sd card. ..hope it wil turn on tonight. .if someone has a tip..please!..

I am very sad Now! ..

Btw software versie like 1.8 orso?..

Hope it will work again!..

• Like 1

So...Quick update:..Got it working again!..as earleygallery mentioned. .its a stupid thing. Found a topic in this forum about it, and advice was leave it powerless for a few hours and then revive it with a fully loaded battery and a fresh sd-card. And..huray. ..its Alice! Happy!

I updated firmware from 1.108 to 2.024.

Ready to go!.

One question left:..I am a bit dissapointed by the write speed to the sd-card. Shooting DNG and JPEG, writing time is almost 10 sec!!!! (On 2GB extremeIII)

Anybody?

• 2 weeks later...

...you might want to pick up a couple of extra batteries as the CCD sensor on the M8 sucks up power like there's no tomorrow.
These below are pretty close to the 1860mAh original batteries but at a fraction of OEM cost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271650744974?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT