Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can't believe this hasn't been discussed, but if so, I couldn't find the thread...

My eyesight is (way) outside the ±3.5 diopter range of the T's Visoflex.  So, I need my glasses. So far, no issues. However, If I am in bright light, especially if the sun is at my back (not an uncommon position) the camera simply will not switch from the LCD to the Visoflex on its own. I can usually force it to switch by holding my hand over the Visoflex and the sensor above the LCD, and then quickly switch to my eye."

This is, simply put, a pain and sometimes it takes more than one attempt.

It would sure be nice to have a settings option to either force the Visoflex to on (with some touch sequence to return to the LCD) or at least to adjust the sensitivity of the sensors.

In the meantime, I was wondering how have others dealt with this issue?

I'm tending to use the built in corrective at its max, and while I do wear glasses, I am also "looking over the top of my glasses".

This obviously helps kickstart the change over from LCD to EVF.

Maybe you could have installed a +1 diopter correction, and then use the full 3 plus of the built in?

Gary

Gary:  I am not familiar with the availability of additional correction. Can you point me in that direction... although, with my eyes (-5 and -8) it probably won't be enough to focus)

@bencoyote. Interesting idea, Assuming the small sensor just above the LCD is part of the "problem" I'll see if covering it helps.

Nope, the off the cuff comment about additional correction was more DIY. I'd suggest if you took your VisoFlex to your optometrist he'd/she'd be able to rattle something together.

Certainly I'd ask them first.

Gary

Gary:  I am not familiar with the availability of additional correction. Can you point me in that direction... although, with my eyes (-5 and -8) it probably won't be enough to focus)

@bencoyote. Interesting idea, Assuming the small sensor just above the LCD is part of the "problem" I'll see if covering it helps.

Cheap readers from the drug store and some optometrists carry them.   A +1 or 2 ought to be right.

No idea how to turn on the electronics