M246 shipping

algrove

It is slightly embarrassing that I let my impatience speak for me from time to time, but release it or freaking don't release it. This half cocked release BS is irritating. 

My tone will change shortly...

In the UK supply of the first batch of 246's seemed to be very patchy. So, for example, Red Dot got 5 or 6 whereas Leica's flagship store in Mayfair only got 2, one of which they've kept as their display model. Maybe Leica favouring one store over another simply reflects their relative potential for sales.

Anyway, the first batch seems to be pretty much sold out in the UK which is remarkable given the substantial price disparity between here and the Eurozone.

Edited by Jennifer

Unsurprisingly, the shop in Leitz-Park, Wetzlar seems to have plenty.  Well, One less as of Thursday :D.  I just happened to be passing through...

Initial impression:  It is up to its hype; a big change from my M8.2.  I will be interested to see how the final images look. 

Try to get Leica NJ to fix one of those let alone clean the sensor for free for 2 years.

Grey market is not much savings for losing the warranty.

By the way, are these cameras shipping in any numbers? It doesn't seem like many have made it out there yet. Dear Mr. Dealer - I'm waiting for your call!

Dante

Only if you believe the rest of the world is the EU.

Not one of my beliefs.  With respect, I do not understand your problem with my observation.  The OP stimulated a thread concerning availability with no mention of price or costs or shopper inconvenience.  So, am I "off-topic" whether the location is Hong Kong or Wetzlar?  

I'm on the waiting list at Leica Miami.  When I placed my order 3 weeks ago, I was number 60.  They've had one small batch come in, but they don't have any idea how long it will take to fill their orders.  I'm thinking several months....

Not one of my beliefs. With respect, I do not understand your problem with my observation. The OP stimulated a thread concerning availability with no mention of price or costs or shopper inconvenience. So, am I "off-topic" whether the location is Hong Kong or Wetzlar?

If cost or shopper convenience are not a factor then you are indeed correct - certainly Wetzlar and Hong Kong have equal standing with regard to availability .

Only practical If you live relatively near one of them however, or at least in the same currency and tariff economic zone.

@Architect:  Have a nice visit to Wetzlar whether or not you buy anything there.  It is an amazing place and the sales people are friendly and accomodating.  It is like no other camera shop and benefits from not being cluttered with irrelevant "stuff."  Taxation and importation complications may mean that you will not want to buy anything there but at least you will be able to see a lot of Leica merchandise that you may not see elsewhere.