Leica M240 + Zeiss Biogon T* 2.8/25 ZM coding

I've tried several including the settings for 28mm and 24mm lenses and I haven't been able to tell much of a difference at all, when using the latest firmware for the M240. Even if I leave the camera on Auto I still don't see much of a difference.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m-lenses/248700-zeiss-zm-21mm-2-8-m9.html#post2136020

Mine is coded as Zeiss advises at 28mm f2.8. I had to request a new plate from Zeiss to bring up the 28/90 frame lines & they supplied it free of charge (& free postage). Mine came with a 24/35 plate out of box. Very easy to change the plate. Reviews often quote the lens being nearer to a 26mm & I just use the RF at 28mm & accept that when looked at I'll get slightly more in the actual shot than I saw in the view finder. Excellent lens.

• 7 years later...
On 4/9/2015 at 2:06 AM, DMJ said:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m-lenses/248700-zeiss-zm-21mm-2-8-m9.html#post2136020

Mine is coded as Zeiss advises at 28mm f2.8. I had to request a new plate from Zeiss to bring up the 28/90 frame lines & they supplied it free of charge (& free postage). Mine came with a 24/35 plate out of box. Very easy to change the plate. Reviews often quote the lens being nearer to a 26mm & I just use the RF at 28mm & accept that when looked at I'll get slightly more in the actual shot than I saw in the view finder. Excellent lens.

Resurrectin an old thread: I was thinking the Zeiss table from your link refers to Zeiss lenses coding to be used on the M9 camera. Would these codes also fit the M240 - since different sensor would present different issues. Any experience regarding this?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 minutes ago, catacore said:

I should receive the lens tomorrow, so that will be my setting for a start. Thanks.

Nevertheless, I was pointing to the fact that the Zeiss' response was meant for M9 camera/sensor, which is different from the current ones, being CCD.

I have this lens on my M10 cameras and the LEAST amount of purple fringing in the corners I get with coding as Summicron 35/2 ASPH.
You can also try the 28/2 ASPH and 24/2.8.

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1