"Your M9 was repaired and shipped" :-)

XVarior

Got an email last week from Leica Germany announcing that my Leica M9 repair is complete and that my baby is on her way to me. "They wrote "your baby"

So now I'm waiting at my door waiting for the delivery guy:-)

It will be delivered by a stork?

bTypKLBac.jpeg

First off I think it isn't very professional to refer to a customers camera as 'their baby'.

For some people that could even be rather insulting or insensitive.

It also speaks volumes as to how Leica see their products, and their customers and these days.

Just MHO.

• Like 3

One only needs to read the forum to see the diversity of customers. Personally I don't apply the emotion "love" to inanimate objects, but the there are plenty of "I love my whatever" threads here. No need for a GOM reaction, I should think.

Got an email last week from Leica Germany announcing that my Leica M9 repair is complete and that my baby is on her way to me. "They wrote "your baby"

So now I'm waiting at my door waiting for the delivery guy:-)

It's a personal touch. That's nice to see in this day and age. Means someone has put their Life's Work into making this camera.

And like any Baby, they can go through "Teething pains". Well worth putting up with.

• Like 1

First off I think it isn't very professional to refer to a customers camera as 'their baby'.

For some people that could even be rather insulting or insensitive.

It also speaks volumes as to how Leica see their products, and their customers and these days.

Just MHO.

Maybe I should have mentioned that the person who wrote to me referring to my camera as my baby was the customer care person assigned to my case. She replied to my inquiry when I asked her if she HD any news from my baby. Maybe now it sounds natural to you.

• Like 2

Maybe I should have mentioned that the person who wrote to me referring to my camera as my baby was the customer care person assigned to my case. She replied to my inquiry when I asked her if she HD any news from my baby. Maybe now it sounds natural to you.

Well yes, that does put it into context. I still don't think it's very professional however - it might have been OK if you were collecting in person for them to make a little joke with you, but not in formal written communication IMHO. YMMV etc.

tbh I wouldn't mind the "baby" wording~~:)

Personally I'm happy that my M9, which got a shutter fault, was repaired with RF replaced and adjusted, LCD replaced..and cleaned..and shipped back to me only three weeks after I sent it in to Wetzlar...despite the fact that they said it was going to take 8 weeks! :D

Well yes, that does put it into context. I still don't think it's very professional however - it might have been OK if you were collecting in person for them to make a little joke with you, but not in formal written communication IMHO. YMMV etc.

Come on James … get with it !! … People have been using the handle 'baby' for years and years … and nobody is going to persuade them not to use it … it's a 'term of endearment' … the expression has 'street cred' … it's a friendly term … it's not 'stuffy' .. we no longer have abide by Fowler's recommendations … 'artistic freedom' rules ;) … INNIT !! :D

dunk

• Like 2